RE:Nude church

I have been to many a church where a clothed body equaled a closed mind. Would love a church where mind and body were open, no status no judgement.

This post was edited

Our club has a really nice outside chapel venue. There are a few ministers that reside there and hold services for Easter, Christmas and there have been some weddings and vow renewals there. The only drawback ... it's up at the top of a steep stairway made of cement block. Tough trek for elder folk.

This post was edited

A church is a body of like minded individuals. If all who are attending are nudist then everything is decent and in order.

This post was edited

I vote Yes. In that case, I would go to the church again.

Basically, I wished a church that everyone accepted as he is and also how he comes to the church (in my case: the way God created me: naked).

This post was edited

I would love to! Especially on those hot summer days - what a great way to try to stay cool! It would, however, be interesting to attend services naked. It makes me wonder what the priest would wear?

This post was edited

It would be interesting to see how a nudist congregation fared under the laws. It wouldn't be a private club and so laws regarding public nudity probably could be enforced, on the other hand after years of asserting that religion does not give an out from laws of general application, conservatives are arguing just that. (Of course, it's always the question of whether it's their religion or someone else's.)

If the Supreme Court finds for the bakery in Masterpiece Cakeshop and thus carves a big religious exemption to anti-discrimination law, I see no reason not to create a religion where nudity is required.

This post was edited

I was at a nudist resort this past weekend and noticed a few people having a bible study. They even have it on the schedule on the website.

This post was edited

God made Adam and Eve Nude and they lived in the Garden Of Eden that way, so why would God or Jesus have any objections to people praying, worshiping and doing Bible study that way. God (through the love making of our parents or just the act of two people) created our bodies and us. So A church for Nudists is A-OK. People who think this is 'dirty' somehow, are essentially saying 'God creates filth in the human form', which of course God does not. It's the certain things one may do to or wit their bodies or someone else's that makes it 'filth'. God does not care if you're wearing your nice $300.00 Sunday suit or your birthday suit, as long as you are honest in faith.

This post was edited

There was a nude church in the 70's and early 80's but my gf would not let me go. Real bummer. I have asked many times but no body can seam to remember it. They probably ran him out of town.

This post was edited

I have found christian naturist groups and they are very open on sex & sexuality and that i found difficult to get my head around. Is the message that nudity is sinful actually written or is it simply a distortion to suit the individual churches view? I know your personal views are for nudity as you are on here but what about the official stance?

I'm not aware of any official Christian stands on nudity. There are so many denomination or varieties of churches, but if there is a single spokesperson for Christianity, I'd have to say it's the Pope, and I'm not Roman Catholic. John Paul 2 said the following in his book Love and Responsibility which he wrote as Cardinal Karol Wojtyla: "There are circumstances in which nudity is not impure. If someone uses it to treat the person as an object of pleasure - even if it is by bad thoughts - he alone is the one who commits an impure act. Impurity of body only occurs when nudity plays a negative role with respect to the value of the person."

I see a fundamental conflict in Christianity between introversion and extraversion. I see Yeshua (aka Jesus Christ) as a pro-body, pro-sexuality introvert whose focus was on changing your own ways and spirit and living this through your actions. The Apostle Paul, who renamed Yeshua to its commonly known Greek form Jesus Christ, was a zealous extravert who defined Christianity as a religion around many of his own ideas of institution-building ideas which lean more towards body shame, sexual repression and conformity which alone are enough to make many atheist.

I personally find it fascinating how the church jumps from seeing Adam and Eve made in the image of God to Jesus as the Word Became Flesh to positioning the Church as the Body of Christ. That's a jump of logic for spirit in physical humans with genitals to real estate and gold without skin, genitals or sexuality. Marble places over placing your marbles. Do Christians experience body through their own creation of imperfect flesh or the imperfect human power institution? Yes. Views on nudity become quite conflicted, and the more I embrace the conflict the less power it has over me.

This post was edited