is naturism/nudism more liberating for women then men?

I am writing this as I want to explore the idea that naturism/nudism can be more liberating for women then it is men. I think this because it allows women to overcome a lot of the negative ideas society has taught women to think about there bodies. This is because the philosophy of nudism/naturism is about accepting your body as it is. Also as a philosophy it appears to state that what you look like is less important then who you are as a person and that you are ok as you are. Women appear to be under more social pressure to look a certain way or be certain way.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the issue

This topic was edited
RE:is naturism/nudism more liberating for women then men?

Women appear to be under more social pressure to look a certain way or be certain way.
I dunno. But I think both genders have this problem. Seems to be worse with younger people and eases off with age and experience. In other words, older people just don't care as much what other people think. At least that's what's happened to me! lol!

This post was edited
RE:is naturism/nudism more liberating for women then men?

Very good question. I'm surprised it was asked 3 years ago and remained unanswered until now.

Of course, it will vary from person-to-person. But I think it general women will find it more liberating - because they have more "issues" to work through to "get there" - and therefore there is more of a sense of accomplishment and liberation when/if they do "get there." That is not to say that all women have body-acceptance issues, or culturally-induced hang-ups about nudity; but they are generally more prevalent or prescriptive among women.

My first wife was definitely "plagued" with body-acceptance issues. Her introduction to nudism was very gradual; whereas I found it relatively easy. She started out covered-up, and over a few trips started getting more comfortable with the idea of social nudism - although she still wasn't comfortable being naked around other people. Then one day, at a nudist club event, she received the "right" encouragement/motivation from some nudist women, which led to her decision to remove her sarong and socialize naked with them. The significance and impact of that decision for her was beyond anything I'd personally experienced as a nudist. For me getting naked was just a matter of taking my clothes off; for her it also meant overcoming her anxieties and fears of being objectified, judged or criticized. Which is why her realization that her nudity did not bring about objectification, judgment or criticism was so liberating to her. She spent the rest of the day exploring her newfound liberation, embracing being seen naked and interacting extensively all day with other nudists; even moreso than I was!

Many women will have the same experience - when and if they decide to truly experience and embrace social nudism. I've seen this happen many times over the years; a newbie couple will arrive and try nudism for the first time, and it is the woman who has the more "significant" experience with it. Not surprising since the experience will have a more emotional meaning for them.

This post was edited