RE:Naturist clubs not allowing tattoos or piercings

I went nude hiking on Wednesday and the subject of the number of nudist clubs in England declining and the reasons for this cropped up while we were hiking. Too many rules and the failure to move with the times was the main conclusion drawn for this. We used to visit nudist clubs more when we lived in a big city, they were some of the easiest places to get to for social nudism. We're in a much smaller coastal town town, with nearby nude beaches and spots in the country where we walk nude quite regularly. We've built up a circle of good local nudist friends through them and don't visit nudist clubs as much. We're more free-range nudists now than organised nudists attending clubs regularly. We tend to visit nudist clubs and spas more in winter now, though we respect any rules those places may have, we sometimes get bored reading the 'small print', some of it seems to have been drafted purely to fill up another sheet of A4. Another conclusion we made while walking was that all of us on the walk are not very likely to return to being regular nudist club visitors, its not just the rules but the range of activities on offer don't appeal as much as what we organise ourselves.

The comments in this thread record real life nudists' experiences, real life nudists range from having no piercings or tattoos to having little body real estate left to ink. We meet nudists across this range, few of our friends have more than one or two tasteful tattoos and most of the piercings are in peoples' ears, but this doesn't stop us enjoying the company of nudists with lots of both. Clubs that take a dim view of them need to ask themselves why they discriminate. I thought we were in the 21st century.

This post was edited

I can relate to your situation. Many nudist groups in my area either ban or frown upon tattoos and piercings. Piercings below the waist on especially subject to scrutiny. Leaders still believe these piercings are sexual and draw too much attention to the genitals. I disagree, so I have not been to these clubs' events. I am hopeful their policies will change soon.

This post was edited

I've never had any problem with a nudist resort rejecting my piercings. My friend had a problem with a club, asking him to remove the metalwork. He simply moved on to another, more broad minded, club. my tattoos and piercings reflect my personality. If a club rejects them it's not for me - probably on all sorts of aspects.

This post was edited