THE NEW CHAT ROOM IS TERRIBLE......

Just make chat room very plain and simple. Leave out all the high tech Crap.
Members stand up and speak out about this.......

USAFREEBALL

This topic was edited
RE:THE NEW CHAT ROOM IS TERRIBLE......

I gave up on the chat room. One; nobody really wants to actually carry on a substantive conversation. Two; too many guys looking to "get off" and troll. Three; the chat room is full of drama queens. Now I just post from time to time in the forum.

This post was edited

I would not say terrible, but I do miss being able to have 3 or 4 small windows open at the same time for private messaging. I generally try to find a couple of people to PM with and ignore the main room because the main room is just a clutter of hello and good bye with no real topic going. I do like the sort by distance feature of who is in the chatroom. But it only sort of works, last time I checked Spain is not the closest country to me. Overall the chatroom "upgrade" followed the same rule as any other computer "upgrade" fix something that ain't broken, and do not ask the users before making any changes, just bulldoze in what with the experts think best.

This post was edited

I hear ya there. As a former chat room moderator myself from another site, part of the room's flow is the responsibility of the Mod. Part of his or her job is to make sure there is a topic for discussion for those that do stay in the room. Also hot button issues shouldn't be allowed like religion and politics. Too often the Moderators here just more or less stare at the screen and ban people for not showing a face on cam...There's more to being a Mod than just banning somebody from chat. You're in charge of making sure chat flows smoothly and everyone who comes in is comfortable to chat. Too often the group cliques dominate shutting out users from participating. Plus Mods should actually participate in chat. Foreign concept, I know, but that's how it used to be... :)

This post was edited

I'm interest to know how one becomes a moderator and what training they are given. They seem to have no consistency.

This post was edited