Shirtless Gym

Does anyone know of a gym in central NJ or Bucks County PA that allows men to work our shirtless?
That would be much more comfortable than wearing a shirt in addition to shorts.

This topic was edited
RE:Shirtless Gym

Try any Crossfit box. Theyre usually pretty relaxed if you want to work out shirtless.

I am aware of Crossfit generally being shirtless tolerant, but am afraid it might be too intense for my fitness level.
Also heard of one boxing cetric mostly male gym, but boxing isn't my thing.

This post was edited

I have worked out shirtless at a few gyms, actually even nude, but I didn't find it all that freeing. You end up dealing with a towel on the benches and equipment that has a seat back, and that becomes a nuisance. Was nice on the elliptical though.

This post was edited

A work around this may be to get tank tops that do not cover your nipples. They are call stringers and generally are light on fabric on the top and reveal your upper back and upper chest.

This post was edited

A work around this may be to get tank tops that do not cover nipples. They are call stringers and generally are light on fabric on the top and reveal your upper back and upper chest

I have 2 stringers. They do cover the nipples but have just a narrow strip of cloth on the top half of the back. I also have 3 made from t-shirts with the sides cut out almost to the waist. I am thinking about gradually reducing the amount of cloth in one of these until I am told not to wear it again. While having a minimal shirt is better than one that covers more, it is still an annoyance to have to put one on for the gym, especially on summer days when it is the only time all day when I am wearing a shirt.

This post was edited

A work around this may be to get tank tops that do not cover nipples. They are call stringers and generally are light on fabric on the top and reveal your upper back and upper chestI have 2 stringers. They do cover the nipples but have just a narrow strip of cloth on the top half of the back. I also have 3 made from t-shirts with the sides cut out almost to the waist. I am thinking about gradually reducing the amount of cloth in one of these until I am told not to wear it again. While having a minimal shirt is better than one that covers more, it is still an annoyance to have to put one on for the gym, especially on summer days when it is the only time all day when I am wearing a shirt.

At my gym I have seen guys wear stringers that are on the revealing side and even have seen guys wear crop tops they cut themselves. I have a few stringers that do not totally cover my chest. Below are couple links of ones I do have that I bought online:

Gary Majdell: Pretty good tanks that do not cover nipples at all. If you buy, make sure to buy one size up.
https://www.amazon.com/Bodybuilding-String-Gary-Majdell-Sport/dp/B001LLFBYM

Muscle Cut:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X8JRITG/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I71C2J3M7VSPT&colid=ERW5CFLV7MTQ&psc=0

Tutorial: These are two good YouTube tutorial I used to make my own stringer. Key is to adjust the cut to how revealing you want them. When I made mine, I cut mines closer in to leave only a thin cloth on my tank so my upper chest was mostly revealed. The key is to buy a shirt that is one size bigger so that way the shirt hands loose and low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KbWwprwgCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNcfAhYn5GQ&index=7&list=WL

This post was edited

Any other suggestions since there has been no activity for over a year?

This post was edited

Not quite shirtless but I took an old t-shirt, cut out the sides down to the waist, opened the neck, cut off the bottom hem and left enough in front to cover most of the chest, but only about a 3" strip in the back, Wore it to the gym twice with no complaints, so I took another old t shirt and did essentially the same, but only left a 1" strip on the bottom and sides. Will wear it next time and see what happens.

This post was edited

No problem with the minimal string tank.

This post was edited

Be careful going shirtless on equipment others use. MRSA can be spread by doing that.

This post was edited

Be careful going shirtless on equipment others use. MRSA can be spread by doing that.

I guess string back tanks wouldn't be much safer.

This post was edited