New CHAT ROOM so bad

Very disappointed in the new chat room format. Hard to navigate, way more limitations, you can only view 2 cams at a time, you can't private cam anymore. What a bummer.

This topic was edited
RE:New CHAT ROOM so bad

Yes I have to agree with you, it is especially bad if you view on a small device the screen is so cramped. Viewing a cam is now fixed so it takes a lot of room at the top of the screen, and why the bottom of the screen needs to be so big is anyone's guess. It needs a re-design, its has gone backwards, i do not enjoy using it any more.

This post was edited

It's pretty bad. Especially the private messages. Having more than one message going simultaneously is a chore now. Before you could float windows next to each other. Now you have to flip back and forth between them. More than two messages and it becomes a stress factor.

Generally, the more clicks a webpage requires the worse the design interface is.

Also, the way Private Messages are crammed into the sidebar makes it incredibly claustrophobic to have longer conversations now. Not to mention you get constant distractions from the main room, because you can no longer hide it behind the PM windows.

It seems pretty clear that Private Messages have become a down-prioritized side note to the main chat. Which sucks for those of us who prefer private messages and don't use the main chat much.

This post was edited

I have to disagree and enjoy the new chat room! Maybe with a little more use everyone will be able to enjoy it more! Sometimes change is good and personally I hope they keep it

This post was edited

I agree that the new chat room isn't very user friendly in many ways but I plan on sticking it out there, I will look for you on Skype

Houndawgtp

This post was edited

The new chat room is very poorly designed. The buttons you have to push to open/close windows are way too big wasting screen space. The horizontal chat room window means the right side of the screen is almost totally blank and wasted. I don't often use the main chat and usually chat with friends via private message. This means I am stuck with the wasted space of the main chat room. Often I'll just chat with my friends only watching their cam. I would normally fill most of the screen with the cam window. Now the maximum size of cam windows is just too small. If I were to watch the maximum of 5 cams I have to scroll left to right to see them. They can't be ordered without closing and opening them in the right order. Totally inconvenient bad design.

This post was edited

Sorry to hear this. Please be patient and I know it's a learning curve BUT Flash dying is WHY we needed to create a new BETTER Chat with MORE features and has the ability to include programming of new features if our users voice their opinion and they create a better user experience. With this new Chat because it's not Flash based more people can access the room,, therefore a higher social experience. YES, smaller screens have some condensing issues but when we're trying to work with a large group of people how it currently is is the best way at the moment. I do understand that private cam isn't currently available but it will be at some point. It will just take some time. We get the frustration and annoyance at having to get familiar with a new way of doing things but in the end we only strive to make this the best platform possible.

When I hear people bitch and only say "the new chat sucks" that honestly is counterproductive and doesn't provide feedback. IF it's that horrible please message me DIRECTLY teamtrue2 with specific reasons WHY and what device/OS system you are using and WHAT about it is not working for you. THAT type of information we can work with and tweak.

Sorry for the rant but teamtrue1 has been slaving on this for a year and a half and the new chat is here to stay. You the user can help it be the best chat room we can offer by giving actual constructive feedback. I don't post allot as the site speaks for itself, but it's just the 2 of us and we bust our ass to make the site the best it can be. Without you all it wouldn't be the community that it is. We want to make it fantastic. Please if you have specific issues message me and if it's something that will benefit the greater good chances are the functionality will be implemented.

Gonna get off my high horse now and just say Hope every one of you amazing people had a Happy Holidays and Amazing New Year. May 2018 be filled with adventure, possibility and of course spent nude

This post was edited

I was specificially invited to the new chat several months ago by Teamtrue1 to check some things and he had done a general invite in the old chat room to anyone that wanted to check it out and offer input. I found some issues and they were all addressed. One of the biggest complaints in the old chat from people was getting unwanted PMs. Now those that don't want to get a PM can disable them. I found it very easy to use and I like it as well as the new features. My biggest complaint is losing the kiss and handshake animated emoji for greeting my friends.

This post was edited

Using a wide screen laptop I find it better to shut down the cameras and focus on the main room, if i get pm's it becomes difficult as i tend to have several on the go at the same time. In the new room I find that a challenge as it means i do not then focus on the main room. I am not sure the old room was better for this though it might just be that I got into the habit of moving things around made it seem better. I will happily put my cam up but have little interest in watching someone else so for me that isn't a key aspect. I like the idea of being able to do pictures that can make chatting more interesting but i can see that becoming a mod nightmare having to subjectively evaluate the level of exposure or degree of swelling etc if they are pics of people. I am not sure why people would want to post pics of themselves unless they are in context of the conversation though so maybe this will not be an issue.

I think the biggest problem in chat is not the room itself it is still the level of conversation, not in the control of site owners, but perhaps the mods can be asked to assist topics raised rather than just moderate for censorship. The weather and constant greetings is boring, i think that puts a lot of people off joining in as they have nothing to add and so look to pm rather than main room. Even someone as vocal as me finds it a challenge to break in sometimes and i just log off. If certain people are online they dominate and this is often encouraged by the mods it becomes little more than a pm between themselves and certain users.

Difficult to fix the social problems but maybe more than one room might help, one more cam facilitating and one more mod lead chat focused without cams? Either way we need to work with you guys and keep this the best site, and very much appreciate you putting the effort in.

This post was edited

Private chat is available. It's just not very user friendly. If the sidebars could be expanded or - better yet - if the individual private messages could be floated next to each other like in the old room, instead of stacking and obcsuring, it would solve the issue.

I have nothing against the way the rest of the chatroom is set up and many things are indeed a great improvement (to mention a few things: The fact that private messages are kept, so conversations can be remembered from one chat to the next. The fact that word filter can be turned off. The fact that you can share images in PM, albeit tiny cropped thumbnails unless you pay. The fact that the site remembers your font color. And a number of other good stuff).

As for complaints, it doesn't help that people voicing their honest opinions are being slammed in the chatroom (and, in my case, outright banned). You need to rein in your mods here.

This post was edited

I have a older tablet ,when I try logging on tells me I need a newer browser ? Well have tried several ,so what app can I use to download one that would work?

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe