New CHAT ROOM so bad

Very disappointed in the new chat room format. Hard to navigate, way more limitations, you can only view 2 cams at a time, you can't private cam anymore. What a bummer.

This topic was edited
RE:New CHAT ROOM so bad

The new chat room is very poorly designed. The buttons you have to push to open/close windows are way too big wasting screen space. The horizontal chat room window means the right side of the screen is almost totally blank and wasted. I don't often use the main chat and usually chat with friends via private message. This means I am stuck with the wasted space of the main chat room. Often I'll just chat with my friends only watching their cam. I would normally fill most of the screen with the cam window. Now the maximum size of cam windows is just too small. If I were to watch the maximum of 5 cams I have to scroll left to right to see them. They can't be ordered without closing and opening them in the right order. Totally inconvenient bad design.

This post was edited

I was specificially invited to the new chat several months ago by Teamtrue1 to check some things and he had done a general invite in the old chat room to anyone that wanted to check it out and offer input. I found some issues and they were all addressed. One of the biggest complaints in the old chat from people was getting unwanted PMs. Now those that don't want to get a PM can disable them. I found it very easy to use and I like it as well as the new features. My biggest complaint is losing the kiss and handshake animated emoji for greeting my friends.

This post was edited

I have a older tablet ,when I try logging on tells me I need a newer browser ? Well have tried several ,so what app can I use to download one that would work?

This post was edited

I have a older device and when I try log on says I need to update to a newer browser ,I have tried several but still no luck ,what app can ,will work to make work from andriod

This post was edited
Chat room

To those of you who have not already, please read the blog we posted a month or so ago, it goes over a lot of common issues.
https://www.truenudists.com/blog/new-chatroom/

As far as the design. We understand it is not perfect, but as stated in the blog. Now that it's OUR code and we can change it. This will improve over time. This isn't the final product, this is the foundation. We will be working on improving the UI/UX, and since everyone here seems to be a UI/UX expert, shoot us an email and maybe we can work out a design contract.

As far as Flash, flash is not required for the CHAT functionality, just the webcam portion. Which means at least now users on tablets/mobile or browsers without flash support can access the chat, just not webcams. Yes, some really old ipads and tablets do not support web sockets, nothing we can really do about that. They don't support flash either, so it's not like the old chat was accessible with them to begin with.

We are working with contractors to get the final remaining flash component (webcam publish/view) replaced as well. WebRTC many to many cam is still in an infancy stage, so finding someone with the knowledge to create and implement this is not cheap or plentiful. This is a high priority item, as the support for flash is decreasing day by day.

As far as the cam reduction, yes, we did reduce the number of cams for free users. Streaming video takes a lot of bandwidth and server resources. So I had to make a decision, do we increase the plan prices? lower quality on the cameras? Well since our paid members are our priority (they're the ones paying for you non-paid folks), so we increased the video quality for all webcams, but lowered the number of visible cams for non-paid members.

We appreciate all of our users, but our commitment is always to provide our paid users with the best quality service we are capable of. The site is for education, socializing and community. It's not a government site, it's a tiny private company. We provide what we can, but demanding services that cost us money for free is just entitled and silly.

This post was edited
RE:Chat room

God people on this site can be so damn whiny and annoying. Loving the new chat, it's just as easy if not easier to work than that old buggy shitty flash one. Must be all the old nudists that just can't figure out these new fangled interwebs.

Ignore the haters TT, this is progress and I love it. I'm not a paid member, but this will be the reason I upgrade. TT said it perfect, how entitled you people are that are demanding free shit with no intention of paying. Why do they have to run a charity for your special snowflake ass?

If getting this entire site for free isn't enough for you then go start your own nudist site, and good luck with the 1000's of dollars a month in server fees if you can't afford 100 bucks for a membership here.

This post was edited

To the site administrators,

Up until this week, as a paid user I felt I never got my moneys worth. Only marginal extras that non-paid users also had access to, I wasnt impressed at all.
With no recourse for a refund, I honestly thought you scammed me and it left me fuming!

After using the new chat, Ive finally woken up to myself and I am truly grateful for all you guys do here. I never knew how much goes on behind the scenes, busting your gut to benefit everyone here. You are already receiving a lot of unfair comments, I should not be adding my own carelessly.

I deeply regret all the negative posts I made anywhere on this site.
I unequivocally withdraw all those posts I have expressed and I would like to extend my most humble and unreserved apologies to you.

In future I will endeavour to support your efforts to make this site as successful as it is, and better!

Yours sincerely,

Redfeather

This post was edited

Post #14 {LIKE}
Post #15 {LIKE}
Post #16 {LIKE}

This post was edited

I use. Puffin. App on my iphone6+ and iPad 3

It handles the flash chat quite nicely.... It should be available on android too....

To get rid of the on screen keyboard buy a bluetooth keyboard. When it is paired up and running the onscreen keyboard goes away....

For the iPad 3 i turn it landscape and use it just like my pc

For the iphone 6+. I usually use it in portrait mode and finger pinch out and move to the bottom to see text box and about 6 lines of text or so..... The user list is off to the right of the screen... But I can move it over if I need to see a name....

Puffin even has cam support.... But I find on my ipad it slows it down quite a bit to send cam

My two cents.....

The only real change I"d like to see is pm's where when u have more than one... Perhaps a quick popup with the other chat to let u know it's there.

Would also like to see cam support in PM's

This post was edited

I actually like it myself,

the private chat could be better but otherwise after a little adjustment it is good

This post was edited