Window Film

Has anybody tried window film for extra privacy?
I don't want to obstruct my view, but I want to add some privacy at night when the interior lights are on.

Thanks,
Laker

This topic was edited
RE:Window Film

We have film on our living room window for sun blocking. You cant see inside the house in the day time but at night, if the lights are on inside, you can see righ through it.

This post was edited

Years ago while on a rental property I had a privacy issue with some windows so I went to Lowes or Home Depot and purchased a roll of printed film that you apply inside your window and outside looks like stained glass. It comes in all different patterns and you have all the daylight you wish while having all the privacy you want while the lights are on at night.

Here's a link with an example of what I'm talking about as I hope it helps. Hawk

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Artscape-24-in-W-x-36-in-L-Non-Textured-Mesa-Privacy-Decorative-Static-Cling-Window-Film/1000204467

This post was edited

Hawk that stuff is nice and it also comes in lace and it does work well however I think the OP wanted to be able to see out as well as blocking people from the outside from seeing in.

This post was edited

thx for bringing up the subject.
we have large windows and it is easy to see inside of our house, especially at night.
I just bought a rv trailer, which of course has windows. i'm going to home depot an buy some film.
will practice applying it to the trailer first. if I like the results, use it in our home.
i'd really like to be able to walk around naked upstairs where all the light is.

This post was edited

Thanks everybody for the feedback. Keep it coming.
I am looking for something that wont obstruct the view out my front windows, and a stained glass look wont match the room, but does sound great for other areas.

This post was edited