National park and current lock down.

I know some members like walking nude were possible in the USA National parks, (too cold to do it this time of the year to do this) but with the current lock down they are meant to be closed, but how do they close them if they cover large tracks of land other than say any car parking lots fenced off, or are they all fenced off all the way around so only a few places you can enter them.

If the latter they are different to the ones on my side of the pond where there are no fences, but in our case a small part might belong to a government department, against I think all your national park land belongs the country and not private owners.

This topic was edited
RE:National park and current lock down.

For the most part there are no fences. You can enter the parks walking or by bike for free most times. The closures you are hearing about usually mean that the Visitors Centers and Restrooms will be locked but the Drive through areas will not be staffed and if there normally is a fee, there wont be anyone there to collect it so you can drive in without paying.

Most of the parks though have trail heads that you can get to without going through a pay gate. Those that hike nude can find one of those trail heads, park, hike in off the road and undress in the woods. I have only hiked within a clothing optional area so I have not had to worry about running into people but I have read that most people the hike on public land cover up when they encounter others.

This post was edited

I haven't heard whats going on. But we have a state park 17 miles away, it has a state highway through it, they can't shut that off. And they've never tried to charge for entry, I guess it's just too open to attempt it. They depend on government funds and the concessions for support. An inn and cabins, renting RV and camping spaces. One can park and hike for free, and I don't think that can be changed. But I've never tried nude hiking there, too many visitors to run into. I do all my nude hiking in isolated places where people aren't to be found oftener than once in a blue moon.

This post was edited

I haven't heard whats going on. But we have a state park 17 miles away, it has a state highway through it, they can't shut that off. And they've never tried to charge for entry, I guess it's just too open to attempt it. They depend on government funds and the concessions for support. An inn and cabins, renting RV and camping spaces. One can park and hike for free, and I don't think that can be changed. But I've never tried nude hiking there, too many visitors to run into. I do all my nude hiking in isolated places where people aren't to be found oftener than once in a blue moon.

This post was edited