nature

In my experience I find that those things that involve learning about and working with nature, are such that the deeper I get into them the more interesting they get. While those topics, occupations, education, that involve man made things, the deeper I get into them the less interesting and boring they get. And sometimes even repulsive. The only man made things that retain some interest are those that are practical work saving devices. And then they only retain interest because of what they can get done and how they can do it. However there is some crossover stuff. Where God's creation is involved, and man makes use of it to create useful things.

Gardening or farming for one, is a necessary occupation to gain food to stay alive and fed. But the more I get into it, on a deeper level learning how the Creator designed things to operate and how to work with it to get results. That gets more and more interesting. But now auto mechanics. The deeper I get into that, especially modern vehicles, the more I detest it. Mans greed shows up in the design and operation of them. And that's a big turnoff. Even modern tractors, the only interest there is what they can do. Because they too are greed designed. Then there's animals. Horses I got into most. The more I learn about them the more interesting they get. Working with nature again. There is no end to how far one can take a horse in their training. They are capable of way more than most people do with them. And their nature is such that it's a constant reminder of How God wants us to be. Happy in service to others. The most joyful place and the most rewarding is to do exactly what our Master wants us to do. Although I had to back off from it for awhile to focus on more profitable things. After I get some pasture ready I will go that way again perhaps.

Metal working is kind of a crossover topic. God made the metals when he created the earth. Working with them on the foundation level can be somewhat interesting, metallurgy, foundry and machining kind of work. And it gets practical as I can make things from metal that are useful. And for myself it's most interesting to make machines that will do practical necessary work using local renewable resources for the energy source. Technology that is 150-200 years old and more. Things that are no longer being manufactured, I can make them from scratch, starting with a pile of scrap metal, or even a pile of iron ore rock if that's what is available. Since I don't have iron ore locally I collect scrap metal junk. So it ends up that my home shop is in the middle of a small scrap yard. With small foundry furnaces and antique machines for working the metal. Although I haven't found time yet to do much with it. I hope I can find that time as I develop agriculture. Although my first fire and water powered truck is almost ready to go using an antique westinghouse engine.

Truck driving to make money? My active mind finds that to get exceedingly tiring and boring, As well as way too high stress for my nature connected formerly peaceful life. The stress builds over a few weeks until it's just too much, and I start hating even the money it makes. Plus the more I drive those new cars, just enough to load and unload them from the semi truck car hauler. The more I detest how they are made. the auto industry in their car design is both greed/money driven, and they are trying to dummy proof the cars. Both of which takes them way out of my realm of wanting one of them. I will repair old ones only as necessary to keep functioning. I feel great need of getting back to the land. Pursue the lifestyle God intended we live, living in and working gardens. And eat the diet He gave us in the beginning, the product of those gardens. And try to scale it large enough to share it with others who need the healing it can give.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.