RE:Why are you a nudist? What do you get out of this?

1. Lets me take care of my skin freely - getting enough but not too much sun, keeping dry and clean with no sweaty elastics and coverups.
2. Pushes past body-image issues; what you see is what you get.
3. Establishes trust.

This post was edited

1) Because I am a man and men have a tendency to show off

2) You immediate feel some kind of intimacy being nude among other naked people

3) The skin reacts towards external influences while being nude and you are feeling an improved sentiment.

This post was edited

hi back to andre,

your first comment really emphasizes a sense of freedom from cultural norms. the one that says we should always be properly covered.

so one of the top benefits for you, is that sense of it's OK to be nude, in appropriate settings. A side benefit is the self-acceptance of your own body. In the company of other nudists, we feel the permission to be disrobed and have the real expectation that our body (an our real "self") will be accepted. After you gave yourself permission, there was and remains a feeling of "freedom".

The other benefit of being a nudist, for you, is the opportunity to see others nude. You are curious about what others look like, under all that clothing, and now, you get to see.

In summary, andre says, "there is pleasure in being seen and in seeing others". Being a nudist meets both those needs.

This post was edited

Andre, you nailed 2 of the joys of being a nudist,
the permission to be naked and moving among others who are naked;
and not experiencing any shame about our naked body, as it is;
those are very freeing sensations.

well done andre.

This post was edited

well said vic,
being a nudist means being free from taboos about exposing our body.
along with that comes freedom about having : "the right" clothing for our social activities. with no clothing we can relax and focus on getting to know others as they are, inside the skin.
we have the expectation that others will accept our bodies, as they are and focus on knowing the deeper us

This post was edited

hi PS,
I think any of us who have only recently discovered the joys of being nude, are envious of your life long natural experiences.

being nude brings back childhood memories of being clothes free, and it being ok. That in and of itself makes of think of "the garden of eden" stories when nude was a normal self-expression.

I will add to my reasons for naturism is experiencing seeing kids running and playing with no sense of negative self-consciousness.

thank you PS

This post was edited

hi nudistbarefoot,
thx for your ideas.
(BTW: I sure do like your creativity in adding outdoor living space at your home.)

I couldn't agree more with your thoughts.

Freedom of not having clothes on.
love the feeling of fresh air and the sun on the skin, feels so much more natural being naked.
Good for the self-esteem as in accepting how you are feel - more relaxed when naked.

This post was edited

hi steve in kona,
thx for the input!!

1. Lets me take care of my skin freely - getting enough but not too much sun, keeping dry and clean with no sweaty elastics and coverups.
2. Pushes past body-image issues; what you see is what you get.
3. Establishes trust.

those are 3 really good benefits of being a naturist. well-said.

after looking at your profile pics, I want to see your farm - what a paradise!!

This post was edited

hi mudist, thx for sharing!

looks like for you, being seen is important .
nearly everyone one else has mentioned the sense of commonality and openness to others when we all are nude.
yep, we all love the feeling of warmth on the skin which seems to just naturally bring about a relaxed sense of self.

1) Because I am a man and men have a tendency to show off.
2) You immediate feel some kind of intimacy being nude among other naked people.
3) The skin reacts towards external influences while being nude and you are feeling an improved sentiment.

This post was edited

hmmm, about my question and the responders, . .
10 and they were all men.
are there any ladies out there who would respond?
gent's how about asking your sweetie for their thoughts?

This post was edited