how have you told your friends that you're a nudist?

I'm curious as to how guys have told their friends that they're a nudist? It's something we all do (probably) at some point, so I'm curious as to how people have done it and how their friends have reacted.

For instance, I just visited Las Vegas with some friends and shared a hotel room with one guy I hadn't seen in awhile. When it came time for bed, I stripped down and got into bed naked. His response was to say that he was relieved, since he also slept naked and didn't know how to bring it up. Once he got undressed and into his bed, we started talking - I used the "sleeping naked" thing as a starting point - and I told him I was a nudist. He definitely seemed surprised, but not freaked out, and I got to tell him how and when I started, and why I enjoy nudism. Turned out to be a good chat, and he had a lot of interesting questions

So what has your experience been?

This topic was edited
RE:how have you told your friends that you're a nudist?

I am cautious as to whom I tell.
One of my colleagues in community band sometimes wears a t-shirt or tank with the name of a nude beach or encouraging nude swimming so I guess he doesn't care who knows.

This post was edited

Most of my friends I could tell through talking about how my recent vacations were and that I had the chance to visit a nude beach. Many of them just returned and asked how that was. Only a few just deliberately overheard what I was saying, so I knew they dont wanna talk about it.

This post was edited

For instance, I just visited Las Vegas with some friends and shared a hotel room with one guy I hadn't seen in awhile. When it came time for bed, I stripped down and got into bed naked. His response was to say that he was relieved, since he also slept naked and didn't know how to bring it up. Once he got undressed and into his bed, we started talking

I've had the same experiences lol... When I go to conferences and have to share a room I tell the other guy just so you know I sleep naked so don't freak out LOL.. I've had several say thank god so do I, now I won't have to wear this Fing underwear. When I walk around nude it's kinda obvious that I'm a nudist because of my solid golden tan. That usually sparks a conversation. My buddy wants his wife to go to the nude beach with us. She's a little worried, we said well we've seen each other naked on numerous occasions so we're good...
As far as other people if they remark about how tan I am, I'll look for an opening. we'll have friends come over for a BBQ that don't know we're nudists until they see the sign that "The our last name Home is always clothing optional" that sparks a conversation. We also go on nude cruises and a few friends said hey what line are you going on?? Maybe I'll ask the wife if she wants to go too, at that point I tell them well it's on a Carnival ship but it's a clothing optional cruise. It would be awesome if you guys would wanna join us. We're always looking for close friends to go and do nude vacations with... No takers yet lol

This post was edited

I'm pretty open about it but you have to chose wisely. For example it probably would not be a good idea for me to stand up and tell the congregation at my small town Baptist church that I'm a nudist and it is great. You should try it sometimes. LOL but for those there that know me it shouldn't really be a surprise. :) In your circle of friends, it should be pretty easy to tell who can handle it.

This post was edited

Didn't have to say anything. The back door is usually unlocked and my best friend is welcome to just come in. He's found me naked a number of times and also knows that I skinny dip in Lake Superior on occasion. He's called me a nudist, so I think that he's very much aware.

This post was edited

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I've always tried to gauge my friends' potential reactions before telling them, and I've usually been right. When I lived in Los Angeles, I always kept a pair of shorts by the front door to throw on whenever someone came over or the doorbell rang, and a lot of my friends gave me crap about not owning any shirts! Now that I'm in Palm Springs (a very nudist-friendly place), I'm less cautious when meeting new people, always trying to let them know that I'm a nudist early - and when LA friends have come out to visit, all it takes is an invitation to hop in the private hot tub naked and they're taking off their clothes as fast as I do, which has allowed me to "come out" as a nudist to every single one of them. A couple said they had suspected, and everyone else was cool. But there are still some people I'd like to tell. As I get older, I figure I don't have anything to lose, except my clothes!

This post was edited

I always kept a pair of shorts by the front door to throw on whenever someone came over or the doorbell rang, and a lot of my friends gave me crap about not owning any shirts!

I rarely put on a shirt to answer the door either. People who stop in regularly are used to it by this time.

This post was edited

I have a few non-nudist friends who know I seek out nude beaches, guest houses, etc. I would never bring it up at my work places unless someone else did first (hasn't happened yet).

I was a little surprised a couple of weeks ago when some friends were a little "tsk-tsk" when I told them that I now go nude in my back yard because it is now private. Also that the neighbor discovered and is fine with it. These are guys that I have actually been naked with on a beach and other locations. So you can't count on a previous experience to explain a present point of view.

This post was edited

For me I get fed up with hiding half of my live about it so I just brought it up. Told them that I am a nudist and that when they come over I would be dressed if that is what will make them more comfortable.

I do have less people talking to me and even more not coming over any more. So being blunt about it might not be the best way to go about telling everyone.

This post was edited

I have never made a secret of it. It is not something I'll just bring up myself, but if the topic comes up in conversation, I have no problem talking about it.

This post was edited