RE:Nudist or exhibtionist?

Its an integral part of being a nudist both being seen by others and just enjoying be nude. Exibitionism is more a sexual thrill. But whos to judging hey. Enjoy it . Repect other as you enjoy it.

This post was edited

In my opinion, you first have to define what an exhibitionist is. To me, an exhibitionist is one who dares to bare where it would be typically unacceptable when there is a risk of being caught...whether being caught shocks or pleases the unsuspecting person. Their choice to bare at these times may be for personal sexual gratification or for the shock value of others.

A nudist, in my opinion, is one who feels comfortable being without clothes for various reasons regardless of their body and its flaws or fitness. It has nothing to do with the need of being around others who enjoy the same level of comfort.

There are many who just want to be home nudists and have no desire to experience the social side of nudity. Some may do this simply because this is their true comfort zone and arent comfortable going outside of it. Others may choose to be only home nudists simply to shed their work from their body when they get home. And others may have to be gone nudists simply because there isnt anyplace reasonably nearby for them to go.

I believe experiencing social nudism for the first time does have some exhibitionist qualities to it, especially if youre getting undressed alone before going into the environment, but those qualities are quickly gone once you see others in the nude.

The thrill one gets from the social side of nudism, I believe, comes from the enjoyment of the level of comfort found when being with others who are happy to strip themselves of many social status identifiers.

This post was edited

I agree with jorgerine, I enjoy the freedom of being nude and. I also enjoy being seen nude. Yes seeing other nude people enjoying life wonderful.

This post was edited

Thanks guus, Mn, shoreham and tj! So again, many of you are hanging more to the freedom to express yourself ideals. Based on what I was seeing on other threads it seemed to be greater towards the exhibition side of this but...here at my question its definatley leaning more to the freedom side. Thanks for all you opinions.

This post was edited

When nude, especially out doors on a slightly breezy day, I totally enjoy the feeling of freedom, to feel air circulating everywhere is a really comfortable thing and even mind clearing. In a nude social context, I notice that all pretentions tend to disappear, it's a very equal environment. In a sexual situation, yes, I enjoy showing nude, also, and am comfortable about that.

This post was edited

thanks ncnude

This post was edited

Exhibition is imported from textile life. It's the act of exposing more private aspects of the self in a sensational or lewd manner. The act is inherently aggressive and it relies on aggression for its adrenal pleasure boost. Taking off all clothes and living nude is not exhibitionism. However, the pleasures of being nude are both sensual and visual. We don't stop having pleasure in seeing as nudists. We do however learn that the pleasure isn't inherently sexual or objectifying. The skin registers pleasure when nude that is heat and wind based. There is a suite of pleasurable human social experiences in nudity. The natural inclination of a body feeling pleasure is to relax but also to assert itself. There are elements of an exhibitionist desire in bodily pleasure. But it's not the same perverse desire to flash or impose discussed already. It's a fairly human reaction. That said, the line between being in ones own skin and being vulgar is still important.

As a gay guy who loves men their bodies and sex, I feel the same kinds of desires with respect to bodies on occasion. I enjoy expressing those same desires. But I hold off all of this for private or closed play where sex and sexuality are an accepted focus. Does this make sense? Great topic.

This post was edited

For me, I love being naked. That is usually my "dress" when I am at home. I love the comfort and sensual feel.
I like to be naked with other people and certainly like them appreciating my nudity.
I also like to see other people nude. I think the naked human is beautiful and also erotic.
So I guess that I am in the group that answers " all of the above".
Paul.

This post was edited

I prefer to be nude when I relax, I dont need to be nude straight away when I get back from work or are home. That said, I am naked at home at times too, or just relaxing in a pair of briefs.

I am not an exhibitionist. I am naked at the beach primarily because I prefer to swim naked (it is so much more joyful than wearing trunks) and sun tanning naked. Some times I do get exited when I am naked and some times I do not. It depends on the mood I guess. Sometime you go to a beach for some alone time, some time you go just to relax in the sun and some times you are interested in who is around you. That said, of course if I see a handsome naked daddy, cub, chub or a bear on the beach then yes it get me a bit exited. And then - yes - perhaps you want to show off a bit as well...

This post was edited

Thanks nudistpig, Paul, and Stockylads. Damn Im enjoying this even keeled discussion so much and not having someone get all pissy and saying their opinion is the only "right" way. !!! After collectively reading all these I feel like I should clarify what I meant when using the word exhibitionism in the original post. Some of you have made reference to it being malicious or lewd, and that may be in fact be a complete definition. My using the word though wasn't in reference to adjectives such as those however- I was meaning it more as a "thrill" or a "kinky pleasure ". So I appreciate the input - perhaps I should have used a different word :)

This post was edited