Cleaning house!

I have recently began to "clean house" with all the groups I moderate. It appears that many of the members in my groups are here for two things ... collecting friends and collecting groups. I've deleted many of the members who are members of dozens and sometimes over 100 groups but do not participate in any discussions and sometimes haven't participated in any discussions for over 6 months. If you're here only to collect friends and groups and not participate in any discussions or here primarily for the chat room, you can do that without being a member of the groups I moderate. I would rather you participated in group discussions and topics than to post countless nude pictures of yourself for self gratification.

Thanks for you cooperation and understanding.

This topic was edited
RE:Cleaning house!

Preach it brother!!

This post was edited

Yeah, I was looking at the number of groups I'm in and realize I need to drop some of them. It's easy to see an interesting group and join, but many of them have almost zero activity.

This post was edited

Good point! I will most likely remove from a group w/o activity in the last 6 months.

This post was edited

I agree Andy, but some of the blame goes to the site itself.
If you could do more with your home page, perhaps a better way of viewing your latest group activity would prompt more responses.
Lee

This post was edited

Here's the rub ...

Many of the guys I've deleted from the groups fall into these categories;

Haven't logged in, in over 3 months, most times, it's been over a year! The argument; you shouldn't delete me from the group just because I don't log onto the site often. My rebuttal; being deleted from the group/groups does not keep you from reapplying for the group when you return ... it just might be more difficult to be accepted.

Members who have joined over 50-100 groups and have not participated in a discussion in over 6 months! How do you join that many groups and not find something to talk about or topics to respond to? It's all about the group galleries, in my opinion. It's all about the pictures for many of these guys. I say GUYS because I've deleted 2 dozen guys to every female and the female members I've deleted fell under 1 category ... have not logged in, in over 6 months. In comparison; female TN members are almost always members of less than 10 groups and they are usually all non sexually based groups. The guys ... many of them are members of sexually based groups and are members of TrueSwingers. There's a pattern of what these guys are here for and what they are after. I just choose to keep that element and those desires out of the groups I Moderate.

ALL my groups state; BLANK, PRIVATE or MINIMALLY filled out profiles will NOT be allowed to join. Many of these guys fall into one of these rules.

Photos must adhere to TN photo upload rules. Many of these guys have gotten away with posting pics of themselves with erections in their profile picture or in their profile gallery. Their pics are public and if I see these, I don't allow them in or I've deleted their membership because it violates TN rules and the group rules. If that's what they are here for, there's another site for them to do that. Trying to keep these groups true to the philosophy of the nudist/naturist lifestyle and the rules of the site isn't always easy.

My one group; Morning Coffee in the Nude ... I inherited. I knew I had to go through and clean house one day but there were almost 80 pages of members, many who have not been on the site in years! I figured the best way to clean house was to delete all of those I did not know or those I've not seen or remembered in any discussions and start over. I kept those I've seen that are involved in the site, are friends and acquaintances and decided to just start that group over. Catching some flack from one person and after mild harassment, I decided to block him. He has some comprehension issues with what I sent him in the message explaining what I'd done. His loss for taking the low road.

It's not a popular decision I'm making but if those people that have been deleted want to return, they can reapply but it'll just be harder for them to get into the group if they don't agree to get involved. My guess is, if I didn't post all those pictures in my groups, I'd only get True Nudists to join my groups! :DDD Now there's an idea! ;D

This post was edited

Good point! I will most likely remove from a group w/o activity in the last 6 months.

Right or wrong ... they are my groups and those I am friends with and communicate with frequently or on occasion, do not fall into those categories for membership deletion. I kept you a member of my groups. ;D

This post was edited