slower pace this year than last

Last year I tracked close to 1.5 books a week, this year nearing the half way point I am only at 1 book per week. Seems like I pick up my &*^% phone and surf the web too much, must go back to paper and crack a book more.

One of the cutest books read has been The 100 yr Old Man Who Climbed Out a Window and Disappeared. Written in Swedish , whoever translated it did a great job of putting it in English but keeping the Scandinavian feel and setting.

This topic was edited
RE:slower pace this year than last

I don't really track how many books I read during the week, because I usually have several going at once (an audiobook for driving, a physical book for bedside reading, and a combination of ebooks, physical books, and magazines at times during the day). That said, I'm a near-constant reader. Any time I have available will see me reading something - even an ebook on my phone when standing in line.

I listened to the "100 Year Old Man..." as an audiobook, and enjoyed it. I'll join you in recommending it to people - it's a good one.

This post was edited

I keep a running list of actual paper books that i read. it goes back to 1976 no that is not a typo. Book title , author, date finished and number of pages. I might be doing more driving for work and need to figure out how to listen to some books. years ago I listened to Barbara Bush's book with her being the reader. Quite entertaining.

This post was edited

Impressive! I've got a list of books that I own, but I haven't kept track of what I've read.

For listening to audiobooks in the car, I have a de-activated iPhone that I load books from librivox.org on to and then plug into the aux jack in my car. I've also listened to CD audiobooks on the car's CD player. Before I had a car with a CD player, I used a small portable CD player connected to a low-powered FM radio transmitter that plugged into the player's audio port. Then I'd tune my car radio to the FM frequency of the transmitter to receive the signal.

This post was edited