Consolidating groups is it possible?

I have joined several groups that interest me over the years as i found them. Now that it is more cumbersome to scan through the groups I find myself not visiting as many.
Then I got to looking how many of them overlap in interest. For example I am a member of at least 5 groups that all have postings about opening your home to fellow nudist while they travel. How would we go about consolidating some of these down to a single easier to use one?

This topic was edited
RE:Consolidating groups is it possible?

pick one with the most members or most activity and only post there, refer to your chosen group in reply to any similar posting in the remainder and by default those others should decline and become disused.

This post was edited

That's exactly what I did. Even after I'd joined a couple of groups, I found one similar or exactly the same but it was more active, so I joined that one and left the other. I've taken over several groups and even started new ones because the one group became dead. According to TT2, it's easier to start a new group than to take over another, that's why there are so many similar groups. New groups can't have the same name so you just switch the wording/title around and you've got a new group.

This post was edited

I do see a lot of overlap in the many different groups here on TN. Many of them pretty much have the same members. What I would rather see is a certain time frame put into place where the person running the site just deletes groups that haven't seen any activity for two years.

This post was edited

Start one Free.

I think that some people start a group because either they cant join one because they dont meet the criteria, the modirator is absent or they just want to set the rules.

I have seen where someone get kicked out of a group starts their own with a similar name and some of the same people join that group as well.

Inactive groups like inactive members should be archived. If the modirator or member wants to resurrect their account when they return then so be it.

This post was edited