circumcision Decision

Did you guys have your kids circumcised?

This topic was edited
RE:circumcision Decision

I had both of my boys circumcised at birth. My wife and I had a spirited conversation about this but I thought that they should look like their dad. Thought that if they didn't it might have scarred them. I asked them recently if they would have preferred I didn't and they both said no.

This post was edited

A father's decision to circumcise theirs young son(s) is always a challenging one, and usually comes down to the father's own past experience, the amount of information the father's has on hand and/or religious/cultural reasons.

I was uncut until my late thirties at which time there was a need for me to get circumcised. In my experience, my penis functions perfectly and I don't miss my foreskin or feel I lost a significant amount of sensitivity.

I grew up with a dad who was circumcised and I always wishes as a child my penis looked like my dad's, today I'm pleased to look down and see the penis I wish I had growing up and one that reminds me of my dad's.

I'm not an advocate for either non-circumcision or circumcision, but I don't think any father should be faulted for making a decision to circumcise his son(s) since it's always based on love and doing what the father believes is best for his son(s).

This post was edited

Great reply NoBoxers!
If anyone knows about both worlds; you would. I am amazed that you notice little difference. I really struggled with the idea of taking the foreskin away from our boys. I have comfort after reading your reply that they aren't robbed of more pleasure.
As far as circumcisions, our first was preformed by using a ring that took the skin off in a couple of days. I recall that it created a very neat cut. The wife asked the pediatrician to leave more skin intact on the following boys, which were done by a different doctor. She requested that because mine is so tight when erect. It doesn't bother me, but there is little movement of the skin when I fill the thing with blood.

This post was edited