RE:Nudist or exhibitionist?

I agree with all the above contributors. What else is to be said? Enjoy life, enjoy your friend and especially enjoy the love and freedom on nudism.

This post was edited

As the rest of you for me , it would be all 3. Being nude is freedom, sensual etc and is not necessarily a sexual thing but Id be lying if I denied the exhibitionist and voyeur enjoyment of it as well.

This post was edited

I am primarily a nudist - I simply prefer not wearing clothes. However, I think there's always an element of voyeurism and exhibitionism involved with nudity. While I don't get off on being seen naked (I'm not really an exhibitionist), part of the fun of being nude with others is seeing and being seen. Like others that posted here, I think it's silly to pretend that we've suddenly lost all of our sexuality when we're nude with others. We do need to mind our behavior, as we do in any social situation (unwanted aggressive advances are never ok). However, getting a little aroused in a social nudist situation shouldn't be the big deal that some think it is.

This post was edited

I am primarily a nudist - I simply prefer not wearing clothes. However, I think there's always an element of voyeurism and exhibitionism involved with nudity. While I don't get off on being seen naked (I'm not really an exhibitionist), part of the fun of being nude with others is seeing and being seen. Like others that posted here, I think it's silly to pretend that we've suddenly lost all of our sexuality when we're nude with others. We do need to mind our behavior, as we do in any social situation (unwanted aggressive advances are never ok). However, getting a little aroused in a social nudist situation shouldn't be the big deal that some think it is.
Well said! I agree.

This post was edited

I know Im both but Ill add only like an exhibitionist if I think someone may be enjoying it. Nudity may be my preferred state but the times Ive been nude with friends who werent, Ive always felt a bit of an exhibitionist.
Perhaps this is why Ive been seeking out other nudists, to be more socially comfortable with my nude self without feeling like such an exhibitionist

This post was edited

We are both

This post was edited

Like others, I'm first and foremost a nudist, though Id have to admit to elements of voyeurism and exhibitionism. One would be deceiving him/herself or be a total Prude to say they don't enjoy seeing others naked bodies. In a Nudist setting where, by common consent everyone is naked, why not enjoy the view? After all, as Nudists that's who we are, what were about - NAKED is our common bond, a form of relaxation, socializing, and our hobby, so to speak. I'm happy showing my hairy balls and perineum (which happens to be the most sensuous part of my body}, comparing sensitivity of our male nipples: as long as its consensual and in a setting where naked is the norm.

Unfortunately, the majority of Human Society isn't as open or casual about nudity as we are. Many find it offensive for Cultural, Religious, or Societal reasons, or for wanting to raise their kids with certain values. The word Exhibitionist does have negative connotations, but it can have different meanings. In an openly Nudist environment, exhibiting is no different than an artist showing his work or a stamp collector proudly showing his collection to a friend, both are exhibitionists of sorts. In that context I see it as a show and tell, among equals, including fellow nudists who feel good about their bodies, enjoy being seen by others.

This post was edited

I'm defiantly both. I love to see others as well as be seen. From the very first time I was openly nude around others to the very first time I openly pleasured myself in front of someone I have enjoyed the thrill of being seen nude. It's nice to know that others appreciate seeing me as well. It doesn't always have to be sexual but it is always fun.

I don't see this as exhibitionism or voyeurism. Its holistic and frankly human. Then again it depends on how you feel thrill... is it adrenaline and taboo or is it dopamine and serotonin acceptance and freedom? The two fetishes are defined by some degree of shock and disruption... over and excessive compared to others. I have enjoyed the latter in closed groups for play. It's fun to flaunt convention with peers. But publicly no. And I spend time figuring out how to be me nude but also not difficult or boorish. I too love to see and see. But that's what being human is about as far as I know.

This post was edited

I am a nudist at heart :-) Really like being naked and don't care if others see me or not. But i am naked when the setting allows it and i don't offend people. At home i'm always naked, and most guests don't care as they know i'm a nudist. I am not shy, so no cover up ever... Life is just better naked!

This post was edited

Can I be both? Because I am :). I do enjoy being naked when I can, but I also get a bit of a thrill knowing I'm doing something I probably shoudn't (being nude in public)
Last summer I hiked in the woods of the northwest naked for an afternoon. I truly felt naked there! I knew there was a slim chance of running into a bear or mountain lion and knowing I had nothing but my shoes with me made me feel so naked and exposed to the world. Thats a different kind of naked I guess, but I like the feel of that as well.
I like being naked with others because that gives me a little bit of a sexual thrill. Just catching someone glancing at you for longer than they should and maybe seeing their "excitment" grow because of you being naked.
I guess its different for everyone, but thats a little of what I like about being naked.

This post was edited