RE:This may have been a topic a long time ago but with new members.. .

I returned from holiday in Gran Canaria last week. It struck me that the nude beach is extended unofficially in the direction of Playa del Ingles.

That is my impression.
About 90% of the occupants of the block of sun loungers which we used were naked and the attendant taking the money didn't ask us to cover up. The sign by these sun-loungers stated that the nude beach started another 500 yards to the South.

This contrasted with the attitude at Maspalomas lighthouse end of the beach where we were firmly told that we were not allowed to be naked on the first three blocks of loungers.

It also contrasted with the attitude of the lifeguards at San Augustin which is definitely not designated naturist.
I was firmly (and quite correctly) told off for swimming too close to the rocks but no mention was made of the fact that I was swimming naked and remained naked while standing talking to them.

This post was edited

I returned from holiday in Gran Canaria last week. It struck me that the nude beach is extended unofficially in the direction of Playa del Ingles.

I have read on another board that Gran Canaria is often tolerant of nudity, including many places that are not officially clothing optional
Looks like you have found that to be true, also.

This post was edited

That is my experience of the beach at Maspalomas and Playa del Ingles. There is a vast length of nude beach as one runs into the other, In my day more than half the total length. The Maspalomas (lighthouse) end is busy with textiles and there is a very clear marker of the boundary of the nude beach. The opposite end at Playa del Ingles was quieter so less need to control the boundary between nude and textile. And the dunes behind the beach were full of nude activity, some swinging, some gay.

One thing did strike me: it was the constant parade of clothed people along the water's edge, several deep. Were they voyeur textiles or nudists who hadn't got naked yet?

This post was edited

What is the farthest away you have gotten yourself from any kind of clothing cover up?

Back to the starting question. I left all my clothes in my car and went on a circular walk around a nearby tourist attraction. At the furthest point I was well more than a mile from my clothes. I started very early. But I stopped to take photos. There were others about by the time I was completing my circular walk. There I was naked with nothing to cover myself. I just sat and waited for them to go past.

This post was edited

Mine has to be at Apollo Beach. I would walk form one end of Lot 5 to the other and back. Not a big deal since it's a nude beach.

This post was edited

Another was a "Two car key challenge". In this I found a public footpath about 2 miles long, connecting two roads. I hid a key at one end of the footpath then drove to the other end, already naked. I locked my key in the car. So now I was naked, locked out and a long way from home. The only option was to walk the length of the footpath, retrieve the spare key and then return - naked throughout (over an hour's walk).

This post was edited

I got stopped by the police once driving naked, they just wanted to know why I was naked and once I told them I was a naturist they let me go (more or less)

This post was edited

The furthest I've been from my clothes will be last year when a friend and I joined a group walking rout Nottingham Forest last year. We walked maybe 6 miles but it was a very circular walk so we were probably never more than 2 miles from the cars.
A lovely walk and a lovely day. We met maybe 5 groups of people, mostly couples. All very civilised, and friendly

This post was edited

I was at Cypress Cove and came across a bicycle rental shop. This was my first visit, so I had been exploring walking about nude. So I rented a bicycle so I could go around a lot faster and see more of the Cove. I had been riding for awhile when I realized I was in a residential area, nude on a bike. I'm not sure how far from my car with all my clothes locked up, but it took me what seemed like a good 30 minutes to retrace my route back to Cypress. I know I was just lucky to find my way back. At the time, I was a little shook up, but now I think of that time as a thrill.

This post was edited

I used to run naked at night sometimes for up to 4 miles but then started to run nude in the daytime albeit early morning. And yes I have been seen but never any consequence. Now I cannot run (two new knees) but walk naked and it is so exciting! Just you and your body - no cover ups.
Last September I walked a mile in the woods and saw a few people some close up

This post was edited