Valdosta University Exhibit

Valdosta University Fine Arts Gallery is hosting an exhibit on Nudism and Aging. As the title suggests, the topic is nudism among senior citizens and it features chalk drawings of older nudes. The release from Valdosta University crops the pictures, but its worth a read.

The aging body is largely invisible in American culture, renounced by putative models of beauty so essentially reliant upon trappings of ability and youth, according to Fremauxs artist statement. Consumer culture's few meters of bodily value beauty, athleticism, work/labor, and sexual viability cannot fathom the elderly body and dismiss it as immaterial and strangely unreckonable.

This topic was edited
RE:Valdosta University Exhibit

Curious if you know if they will have a nudist evening viewing? Call them and ask. These are great socializing events.

This post was edited
RE:Valdosta University Exhibit

As a VSC alum (college before university status) from years ago...I knew they did nude drawing of students (models) back in the 70s & 80s...one of my friends made spending change doing the modeling. I wonder how that's going on in the local area??

This post was edited