RE:Your Definition of Nudism.....

My DefinitionsNudisum- A Cloths Free lifestyleNudist - A person who is comfortable being nude around othersNaturist - A person who enjoys being one with nature including being nude outdoors.Naturalist - A person who is more organic being one with all living things in there natural course of life.I identify as a Nudist that enjoys Nudisum. Even though i have always been nude or semi nude when at home, I didnt discover social nudity until last year. Being socially nude allows me to be around others that also enjoy being cloths free. I didnt know it was so wide spread until I starting looking for other places to go.When you are nude, you dont know if you are talking to the Superintamdamt of a school district or a guy who was standing on the corner with a sign a few hours ago. Both true stories. Its just about connecting with the person and not what their clothing says about them.Sexuality is a state of mind. More hook-ups happen while clothed than nude. I was worried about being aroused my first time but found that I worried for nothing.I get affirmation that I am not a pervert from Nudisum. Knowing that I am not the only one who enjoys being nude and appreciating the nude human body.

Are you sure that more sex happens with clothes on (think it all ends up nude no)? I think you will find if you take a person who is sexually active at a frequency and who is not nude and determine rate frequency duration and so on and compare him to a naturist of the same profile you will find that the naturist was naked before the hook up, had the sex nude, and that the textile took his clothes off and had sex nude, and since we need to compare apples to apples, it seems to me that theres no inuctive method.

This post was edited

Nudistpig wrote.

Not saying naturists must like swinging, support it, or endorse it, not at all, but it exists, and as far as I am concerned what adults do that is with other adults is their own business.

I agree totally with this statement, but I would like to add this

Not saying textiles must like swinging, support it, or endorse it, not at all, but it exists, and as far as I am concerned what adults do that is with other adults is their own business.

This post was edited

As long as we continue to describe and view human beings in animalistic terms there will be cover for those who would equate naturism and its American cousin with the base lowest common denominator of nudity ie sex.

Every time that this conflagration has occurred historically it led to the diminishment of the wholistic communal health oriented non sexual way of life that was naturism when it first reached American shores and the expansion of the individualistic hedonistic sexually libertine approach that has been exported back to Europe. IMO this is why nudism lost much of the support it garnered in mainstream during it golden age in America. Historians like Brian Hoffman and others and social anthropologists and psychologists have studied this phenomenon and written extensively about it. But as we are now ina world of alternative facts and individual points of view being paramount non of that really matters.

So we are at a point where there is no definition of nudism because we live in a world where everyone gets to define things not as they are but as they see fit.

This post was edited

Having had a look around the replies to date I could not help but laugh out loud reading some of the interpretations being given. Living in the UK weather wise it is not conducive to outdoor nudity as much as many would like I am certain as I include myself in that band, however, I count myself a Nudist as I like to be live naked if at all possible, I am comfortable in my own skin as is my partner and her children. When I have sex I like to be nude but it does not mean that nudity means sex. Yes as a couple we do enjoy sex and have partaken in sex parties but that is separate from our nudism although we have met and become friends with several others that are also nudists.

We do like to be able to be in nature when possible and to do so naked within the law of the land as it is so nice to be able to feel the breeze and sun on our bodies that though does not make us Naturalists as somebody suggested in their answer and I would reccomend they look up the definition as it has nothing whatsoever to do with nudism or naturism.

This post was edited