Haulover Beach Questions

I am going to visit Haulover Beach on Sunday, November 21. This will be my first time there, and I'll go alone, so that I'm king of wondering how I should make sure my stuff doesn't get stolen when I, say, go swim in the ocean. Wouldn't want to lose everything and walk back to the airport nude and with no return ticket. :-)
1.Can I leave most of the clothes, except for a Speedo, in the car at the parking lot? Would walking around in a bathing suit considered OK outside of the nude beach but within Haulover Beach park?
2.Will it look weird, if I wear a "fanny pack" on the nude beach? The fanny pack would contain the car keys, a cell phone -- and, of course, the Speedo. :-) Of course, swimming with a fanny pack on might not be the best idea, either. :-)
3.Is there any way to ask someone to look after my stuff, while I go swimming? Do they have anything like locker rooms on the nude beach?
I know my questions might sound silly, but I surely will appreciate all answers.
Thanks!

This topic was edited
RE: Haulover Beach Questions

There are no lockers. A speedo or bathing suit is acceptable off the beach, as long as you aren't nude. I've seen others with fanny packs, so that's not out of the norm. As for asking someone to watch your stuff.... I just don't know if I'm that trusting of someone I just met. You could always move your stuff near the water and keep nearby in case someone starts to approach it.

Good luck. You'll love Haulover.

This post was edited

I am going to visit Haulover Beach on Sunday, November 21. This will be my first time there, and I'll go alone, so that I'm king of wondering how I should make sure my stuff doesn't get stolen when I, say, go swim in the ocean. Wouldn't want to lose everything and walk back to the airport nude and with no return ticket. :-)
I've been there only once, so I'm certainly no expert on Haulover Beach, but it is much like any other public beach.
1.Can I leave most of the clothes, except for a Speedo, in the car at the parking lot? Would walking around in a bathing suit considered OK outside of the nude beach but within Haulover Beach park?
Walking from the parking lot to the beach, which is just a couple of hundred yards (meters) away, while wearing just a bathing suit and carrying a towel is common practice.
2.Will it look weird, if I wear a "fanny pack" on the nude beach? The fanny pack would contain the car keys, a cell phone -- and, of course, the Speedo. :-) Of course, swimming with a fanny pack on might not be the best idea, either. :-)
Everyone faces the same problem of carrying and protecting their belongings. There are no lockers or other provisions for securing them which makes them vulnerable to theft. That is why I carry only the most basic necessities, which in my case was just a few dollars for drinks/snacks. (I had arrived by sailoboat which was moored on the other side of the island, so I didn't even have car keys.) If I were you I'd leave the cell phone in the car. You want to minimize your potential loss. During my many years of visiting beaches both C/O and textile I have never had anyone bother my stuff, but I'm sure it happens from time to time. I'd suggest leaving anything of value locked in the car while you're on the beach. The less stuff you have the less you'll worry about its security.
3.Is there any way to ask someone to look after my stuff, while I go swimming? Do they have anything like locker rooms on the nude beach?I know my questions might sound silly, but I surely will appreciate all answers.Thanks!
I've thought of asking someone to watch my stuff while I'm in the water, but I never have. If you're the type of person who talks to your neighbors at the beach I would think it would be perfectly acceptable to ask one of them to mind your belongings while you're away, but to ask a total stranger out-of-the-blue doesn't seem right to me.
The only thing that I worry about is the key to the car. Before the days of remote keyless entry systems when only a key was required to enter and start a car it could easily be carried while swimming with the use of string tied around one's wrist. Now, with the electronic gadgets it is probably best to hide the key under the car somehow. Anyplace out of sight is probably more secure than in a fanny pack under your towel unattended on the beach. I learned that trick many years ago from my uncle. He used to leave the car keys on top of one of the rear tires where they were readilly accessible but not visible. Of course that was when the tops of the rear tires were covered by the automobile's body panels. Bend a hook using a wire paperclip and hang the key under the car some convenient place where it can't be seen.
Have a great time. It's a great place to spend a sunny day with lots of your naked friends.

This post was edited

You can keep most of your stuff locked up in your car and wear a band/bracelet on your wrist with your car key. As previously stated it is common to see people wear a swimsuit from cars to the beach. It may be cool first thing in the morning. You might want to bring a shirt to put on too especially if you get sunburned.

This post was edited
Haulover Beach Questions

As others have said, walking to the beach wearing a speedo is fine. It's more than a 100 yards (probably closer to a quarter mile) to the beach from the parking lot. There is a tunnel under the highway between the beach and parking lot. I would leave everything that you don't need in the car - only take the car key, towel, and the speedo to the beach. There are two fresh water showers at the beach so you can rinse off the sand and salt water when you are done. I've been there several times and have not had any problems with people messing with our stuff. If your are going to walk around and swim, you might even be able to do without the towel. Have a great visit - I'm sure you will enjoy it!!!

This post was edited

Thank you all for replying!
So, it looks as if walking from the car to the beach wearing a Speedo is fine. Excellent! I can leave everything in the car, except for the car key and, I guess, the suntan lotion. Maybe a towel, too. I guess I can use a bag, where I can put the towel and the lotion (if someone steals those, it won't be a big deal), but the car key and the Speedo should go... where? A fanny pack? I guess it's OK if it gets wet. Or a wristband? But will it hold the Speedo as well as the key?
Oh, and one more question. What lotion should I use? And how often should I spray(?) myself?

This post was edited

Glad you enjoyed it! I've been there several times and it's always a hoot.

This post was edited

We too have been there...................very relaxing, vast space& non-pretentious

This post was edited
Thong and a towel

A thong and a towel is all you need to get to the beach. Lose the thong after you pass through the tunnel and keepyour car key around your ankle on a string while there.

This post was edited