RE:Nudist Church

I was re-baptized when wife and I joined a new church. Apparently, they wanted to make sure we were actually baptized.Anyway, I told the pastor that I wanted to be baptized the same way Jesus was- in a river without covering. Was almost shocked when the pastor said OK. Everyone else had a problem with it though, so it didn't happen.I told the pastor it would be even better if nobody else was there (I am not an exhibitionist!) but that didn't seem to matter. I just thanked the Lord that I had the opportunity to profess Jesus as my personal Lord and savior in a public setting.

Did the others say what their problem was?

This post was edited

Yes. They had a problem with nudity. The ones who did voice opposition are under the false impression that nudity is sin and thought that a nude baptism would be sinful. Despite my wanting to ask them if they believe Jesus was sinning when He was baptized nude, I was never given the opportunity.

This post was edited

Why do people think nudity in any situation is horrible and evil?Also,why in God's name do people join this site or any other site then never login regularly?Seems stupid and pointless to join in my opinion if you arent going to login somewhat regularly.Luke.

This post was edited

During the summer, I almost never log in. I only check this when I'm bored and cold. When the weather is nice, I'm outside doing something! Perhaps that is same for others?

This post was edited

Yes. They had a problem with nudity. The ones who did voice opposition are under the false impression that nudity is sin and thought that a nude baptism would be sinful. Despite my wanting to ask them if they believe Jesus was sinning when He was baptized nude, I was never given the opportunity.
We should do a Google search for "Mikvah" a jewish "baptism" that requires nudity.
It seems that it wasn't done much during the time of Jesus but started later and has to do with cleansing spoken about in Leviticus. It is used for the cleansing of the body .... well do you Google search.
Christians who have a problem with nudity are just accepting the world view of the human body, that and the ingrained mores of American society.
It's a funny thing. How we let what other people think affect our behavior. Whether you admit it or not.

This post was edited

Anyway, I told the pastor that I wanted to be baptized the same way Jesus was- in a river without covering. Was almost shocked when the pastor said OK. Everyone else had a problem with it though, so it didn't happen.

So why couldn't it have gone ahead without those who had a problem?

This post was edited

There are Christian services, often including communion, at all the major functions and weekends of British Naturism plus some of our clubs too https://cnfellowship.wordpress.com/

This post was edited