RE:Open Letter and gripe to those who mark their files "private" or all of their photos "friends only".

I also dont mind people seeing my profile or my media. I respect that a member can have any kind of profile they want and the need to keep some information private, however I should be able to globally block profiles set to levels I choose. It feel like i am on display and people are outside the fence peering at me through the holes. I can hear them and know that they are looking but cant see who they are and why they are looking. What I am advocating is to fill the holes. We can talk through the fence but we just cant see each other.
Exactly right

This post was edited
RE:Open Letter and gripe to those who mark their files "private" or all of their photos "friends only".

This has been one of my pet peeves for over a year now on TN as well. I'm getting really annoyed when I get members viewing my profile and when I go to view their's its set to Private. To me that sends up red flags that its possibly a fake profile.

Thats how I feel as well it definitely sets off red flag

This post was edited

I respectfully disagree! This is NOT a nudist website. Many nudists happen to be members here but you must admit that there are many, many undesirables that join here for the sole purpose of seeking nude photos to look at, steal pictures, are gawkers, trolls, pervs and they are not nudists!

When it comes down to it this is the real issue

This post was edited

Mcdcvs - you do know you can set each of your pics to different access, four different - public, friends, certified and certified friends..

You make the assumption that these settings actually work, and I believe at the moment they do. But for well over a year, they didn't. Media marked certified only was viewable by everyone. Only recently, was a coding bug fixed that allowed many media files to be viewed regardless of settings. This site is still full of security issues, including the fact that the media server does not authenticate users properly. This is why all of my identifiable nude photos have been removed, and will not be restored until these issues are resolved, which I suspect will be never. There is also the issue that deleted media isn't really deleted. The only thing that gets removed is the link to the media on the media server. The actual image/video is still intact and accessible.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Mcdcvs - you do know you can set each of your pics to different access, four different - public, friends, certified and certified friends.Yes, and I do use that feature but it doesnt work that well as 1 of the pictures I have set to friends only is being viewed as if it is set to public.

The picture may not actually be viewable. During my limited testing after the last "upgrade", I did identify an issue (among many) to TT2 where a non-accessible media file was being logged as "viewed" when it really wasn't. I don't remember the particulars of what the circumstances where, but I did report is as a bug. That being said, there are many actual troubling security issues that have yet to be resolved.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Mcdcvs - you do know you can set each of your pics to different access, four different - public, friends, certified and certified friends.Yes, and I do use that feature but it doesnt work that well as 1 of the pictures I have set to friends only is being viewed as if it is set to public.The picture may not actually be viewable. During my limited testing after the last "upgrade", I did identify an issue (among many) to TT2 where a non-accessible media file was being logged as "viewed" when it really wasn't. I don't remember the particulars of what the circumstances where, but I did report is as a bug. That being said, there are many actual troubling security issues that have yet to be resolved.John aka cobeachbum

I just tested the issue again, and it is still broke. If a user views an accessible media file, then clicks on the forward arrow to the next media file which happens to be restricted, it shows as being "viewed", but they are really kicked out back to the media icon view page.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I was informed by member/friend that only 6 of my 8 posted pictures are viewable. TN Management has a notice on the last 2. "Upgrade To View" I did not restrict viewing my pictures, management did.

This post was edited

I was informed by member/friend that only 6 of my 8 posted pictures are viewable. TN Management has a notice on the last 2. "Upgrade To View" I did not restrict viewing my pictures, management did.

This site, like all others, cost money to maintain. I think non-paying members are afforded too much. They shouldn't be able to view any media, should be restricted to read only on the forums and groups, and even that should be restricted to just a handful. They definitely shouldn't be able to post, and shouldn't be able to upload media. Non-paid accounts should be deleted after 30 days.

I know many will disagree claiming the site will suffer input, but as I said, it costs money to maintain the site. No free rides.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I respectfully disagree! This is NOT a nudist website. Many nudists happen to be members here but you must admit that there are many, many undesirables that join here for the sole purpose of seeking nude photos to look at, steal pictures, are gawkers, trolls, pervs and they are not nudists!

What befuddles me is using this site to gawk and/or steal photos. As a whole, we arent the beautiful sexy female bodies these guys (a little sexist) want to see.

This post was edited

I just tested the issue again, and it is still broke. If a user views an accessible media file, then clicks on the forward arrow to the next media file which happens to be restricted, it shows as being "viewed", but they are really kicked out back to the media icon view page.John aka cobeachbum

Thanks John, thats good to know!

This post was edited