RE:Communal Open Shower

High school after gym class, but by then I was already going socially nude!

This post was edited

What was your first experience using a communal open shower like?

My first experience in an open shower room was camping with my father and brother, I was about 6 or 7 then. Next was at a week long sleep away camp in 6th grade at the age of 10. In middle school PE, showering was mandatory through grade 8. Once we were in high school though no one really showered unless we got muddy, but by then we had stalls. I think communal showers are a good thing, they show the non-nudist population that we are all the same yet different.

This post was edited

My first record of open shower was at the local swimming pool but not often as parents were not much of nudity in public. The next time was when I joined the military USAF. It was common at different bases as they built new facilities the barracks were made into either shared bathrooms between rooms or rooms with private bathrooms. I just get the feeling that now open showers are more sexual in nature than I recall in the 70s/80s,.

This post was edited

My first time was in Middle School, I was on the Football team. I saw my first real man, our Coach. One of the hairiest guys I have ever seen to this day he is still hairiest guys that I have seen. Damn was he handsome.

This post was edited

First was at a camp ground showering with my older brothers and men and boys from the camp.

Then Junior High School PE class In the early seventies. High school was the same. Actually the gym I presently belong to had an open shower room - with a dozen shower heads around the walls until they remodeled about 4 years ago.

Like the trough to piss in, the communal showers are disappearing sad to say.

This post was edited

there is a place near me that has a trough urinal. When I was a kid I was always very intimidated but also surprised how all the men could just stand their peeing next to each other. It was a pretty cool experience

I've been to several car shows and car races that had the trough urinal even as a nudist it's a amazing experience lol

This post was edited

The first time I used an open "gang" shower was before I really embraced nudity. And it was with a lot of work colleagues. I was self conscious because, unlike them, I'd shaved off my pubes.

These days I have absolutely no problem. As a nudist (and a bit of an exhibitionist) I enjoy being seen naked. There are some resorts where the showers are unisex.

This post was edited

I grew up in 70s with open showers too. Some guys would taunt others for dicks too small or large and I got picked on for having hair first. One guy would chant your have a hairy dick over and over. I also got caught with a hard on in 5th grade. I bet some still talk about that. Girls and guys we me. So really I was a nudist even then and did not recognize it. Loved showing myself off. Guess I still do.

This post was edited

Always had open, communal showers starting in 6th grade, through junior and senior HS, military, and every gym i ever joined. YMCA also had nude swims (men only, ladies only separate nights). Never saw a problem with it. Still enjoy the inside and outside showers at nude campgrounds where both men and women shower together.

This post was edited

As a nudist, communal open shower should not be a big deal. To the textile world it is a big deal. Just respect one another & don't body shame anyone. IF we keep these two things in mind, communal open showers will not & should not be a issue.

This post was edited