Approaching a Nude Neighbor

My wife and I are full-time RVers, staying in RV campgrounds throughout the country. Were in Florida and its fairly warm. Last night while walking our dog, it appeared a man was sitting on his park models enclosed patio while wearing nothing. This brings up a question. Have you ever approached a neighbor, friend, co-worker, or relative with knowledge of their nudist tendencies, and if so, how did you bring it up and what was their reaction?

This topic was edited
RE:Approaching a Nude Neighbor

Yes, several times over the years.

I approach them just as if they were clothed, no difference. Sometimes, they get embarrassed and cover up real quick, sometimes not. Depends on you and whether or not they are self conscious about it.

Once, on a hike to a remote forest lookout, the wife and I stumbled across a lady who was laying on the deck topless. When we approached, she quickly sprang up and used a towel to cover herself. We told her "don't worry about it, we're nudists ourselves" and that made her scurry off like we were weirdos. Whatever.

This post was edited

Once, on a hike to a remote forest lookout, the wife and I stumbled across a lady who was laying on the deck topless. When we approached, she quickly sprang up and used a towel to cover herself. We told her "don't worry about it, we're nudists ourselves" and that made her scurry off like we were weirdos. Whatever.

Same thing happened to me while I was trail running in Pine Mountain. I stumbled across a couple; the woman was hiking topfree and had a panic attack when she saw me. I quickly said: "No worries; I'm a nudist!" and she looked at me like I was crazy lol!

My opinion about "potentially nudist neighbors" is to not assume anything. Many people who enjoyed nudity are "closeted" and want to keep it that way. Rather than put them "on the spot" it's just easier in my experience to first bring up one's own preference for nudity and wait for their response. I've done it myself; and I have to say that with the exception of one friend/coworker (after I overheard her mentioning that she'd visited a nudist resort I "came out" to her and she was very receptive to discussing nudism) the responses have mostly been lukewarm (oh yeah? Good for you!) People value their privacy.

This post was edited

My sisters-in-law has mentioned that she doesnt care if people see her nude. She was saying that in the contex of changing and getting dressed in front of company. I invited her to join TN and to accompany the wife and me to the hot springs. She did join here and found it a bit too much and is still nervous about going public. My brother is not a nudist and she worries about what he would think.

This post was edited

On a couple of occasions while sitting nude in the steamroom or sauna and talking casually with a stranger Ive brought up the fact that I am a nudist. Its alwsys just been the part of the conversation.
One time the man was just in a towel but had discussed with me the many locker room wet areas he had visited but the area. Not sure his motivation for visiting all the local locker rooms , but as we talked about the facilities at my gym i mentioned that the gym posts to be covered but I enjoy being nude and found no better place to be nude than the mens locker room. He asked me a couple questions and admitted that he Also enjoyed being nude. Turned out he also had visited the nudist resort near us.

In other occasions found the guy not really into nudism but have never found a guy offended or creeped out by my conversation.

This post was edited

I don't believe I have any nude neighbors but one day while I was walking my dogs the neighbor to the north of me was driving by and she excitedly waved at me with a big smile on her face. I'm wondering if she has seen me getting into the jacuzzi or naked on the back porch. She's a new renter next door and we don't know each other that well.

This post was edited

my wife was t the gym one day and taking a shower and another lady commented on her nice allover tan, and asked what tanning salon she used. my wife said she sunbathes nude in the backyard. the other lady said she does too and they found out we were neighbors.we started sunbathing together and they bought an aboveground pool so we had someplace to cool off.

This post was edited

agreed!

This post was edited

Not sure if the neighbors are nudist but they used to own the house we bought; they broke off a portion of the land before selling it . Our house is very secluded and perfect for the lifestyle. I had often thought that they maybe nudists also. The portion they broke off is still private and mostly would only be able to be seen by us and there renter. Anyways he was up looking at our house and the improvements we have made. He made mention of never wearing clothing when they lived here. He also made a comment about " I know that you don't care if were nude" I'm sure they've seen us nude walking the paths in our woods but who knows.

This post was edited

Every night before bed I look out my bedroom window just to see if anyone is on my street I was looking a few nights ago and I can see into my neighbors living room I saw her walk across living room and I thought she had no clothes on a few minit's go by and she comes back and now I know she not wearing anything , she knows I am a nudists but wondering how I could bring it up to her she is a older woman but she has a great backyard always thought it would be great for sunning in

This post was edited