comparison and contrast

Our cruise ship docked alongside another one, the AIDA pearl. I was waiting for us to depart and watch the process. Looking over at the other ship I began to wonder if the man in the hot tub on the spa deck was wearing a swim suit. When he got out it was obvious he was not. Then I observed that this was a common practice in this area for both men and women. They were unselfconscious and treated it as a normal practice. After our ship pulled away I walked through the pool area of our ship and saw a woman in a thong bikini who had a great figure and knew it. She was showing off and did some hip rolling Brazilian dance moves after climbing up to a hot tub before sitting in it. The difference in coverage between her and the spa guests on the other ship was minimal, but the difference in attitude, expression, culture and intent was huge.

This topic was edited
RE:comparison and contrast

Was the other ship touring with visitors from Europe? What was the cultural difference?

This post was edited

I remember a friend of mine commenting that one of the larger business in town had a corporate membership to the local health club. A visiting executive from France or Germany went in the co-ed hot tub nude. He seemed completely comfortable but most of the US members were upset.

This post was edited

At the AIDA there is a nudist area. I think the pool was in the area. But overall we have less problems with nudity here in Germany.
Greetings from Potsdam (near Berlin)

This post was edited

I think cruise ships are under their own law outside of coastal waters. Thus the ship's captain makes the rules. I was once on the Monarch of the Seas. I asked an officer if nudity was allowed on the top deck. He said as long as no shenanigans occurred and there where no complaints then it was ok.

So, to the top deck I went. There weren't many people up there, so you could bare all and not worry about offending anyone. Others joined in with me over the trip. Once I fell asleep as we docked and I woke up to a plethora of non-nudists on the top deck that came up to watch the docking process. That was a bit unnerving to wake up and see others staring at me in awe of being naked. I'm sure there were mixed feeling by the clothed. Out of respect for the clothed, I got dressed and went along my day.

So I think it all depends on the ship and the Captain's opinion.

This post was edited

I think cruise ships are under their own law outside of coastal waters. Thus the ship's captain makes the rules. I was once on the Monarch of the Seas. I asked an officer if nudity was allowed on the top deck. He said as long as no shenanigans occurred and there where no complaints then it was ok.So, to the top deck I went. There weren't many people up there, so you could bare all and not worry about offending anyone. Others joined in with me over the trip. Once I fell asleep as we docked and I woke up to a plethora of non-nudists on the top deck that came up to watch the docking process. That was a bit unnerving to wake up and see others staring at me in awe of being naked. I'm sure there were mixed feeling by the clothed. Out of respect for the clothed, I got dressed and went along my day.So I think it all depends on the ship and the Captain's opinion.

Could be worse. I had a friend who sleeps nude and took a train trip and when he woke up he discovered:
The train was in a station.
The curtain had come up in the night.
He had forgotten to turn the light out.

This post was edited

AIDA is known for having an FKK deck on their ships. They are a German line and that is the official language for all crew interaction and announcements. If I spoke German I'd try them out, but since I don't I have to just stick to the Big Nude Boat cruises.

This post was edited

Clothes (even minimal) make the man/woman.

Bare makes us not care.

This post was edited

Clothes (even minimal) make the man/woman.Bare makes us not care.

[ Like ]

This post was edited