Why would you go to the effort of

Getting to a nude beach. Like walking half a kilometer and then not strip down? I was at a lovely official nude beach for the afternoon today called Swanbourne near Perth. I stripped off my suit ASAP and did not put it back on until I left 4 hours later. I could not believe how many guys kept their suits on. Thoughts? If you wanted to keep your suit on there was plenty of prude beach.

This topic was edited
RE:Why would you go to the effort of

maybe they had no intention of stripping off. Maybe they were there for 'other reasons' or just to admire the naked bodies on show - surely not.

This post was edited

I stopped going to the official nudist beach in Brighton , although there were many people including myself who were naked, There were a lot of clothed voyeurs who spent the day walking back and forth as I was trying to relax on the beach, I felt that they would spend less energy just stripping off and relaxing on the beach , , like the rest of us

This post was edited

I stopped going to the official nudist beach in Brighton , although there were many people including myself who were naked, There were a lot of clothed voyeurs who spent the day walking back and forth as I was trying to relax on the beach, I felt that they would spend less energy just stripping off and relaxing on the beach , , like the rest of us

Nude beaches should be nudity mandatory in most places, not clothing optional, that would eliminate all of this. If you go to look at naked people you have to be naked yourself.

This post was edited

Maddening isn't it? I think that you get the 99% that are voyeurs or are curious but harmless, and the 1% that think that nudism might be for them but are nervous. We'll always have this when we're in a public place designated as Clothing Optional and available to all, and it's always been one of my pet peeves until I learned that their wanting to look doesn't impact me at all. I know it's so bothersome to many that they'll shy away from public lands with clothing-optional designations but for some this might be the only choice to recreate nude. I've learned to just ignore it unless someone oversteps the boundaries, at which time you only need to get a couple of other nudists involved to shut down the situation - I've never seen a voyeur high-tail it out of an area so fast as when he or she sees 5-6 naked men walking towards him/her.

Don't let the curious stop you from being yourself and having fun since we know that there's nothing to be ashamed of...

Kevin

This post was edited

I go to Gunnison in NJ, one of the least accessible beaches in the state.
While the vast majority are nude, a few are not.
Some of the clothed are either with someone who is nude, or wearing too little for most beaches, ie., topless women or either gender in g-strings.
These situations I understand, but the very few others do puzzle me, although I rarely see conspicuous staring by them.

This post was edited

As soon as I pass the sign Im naked

This post was edited

I like Kevin's comment .... 'their looking doesn't impact me at all'.
At Obelisk Beach in Sydney, more and more guys are leaving their speedos on. Some would be there for the perv (I'll decide to be flattered), some to keep the tan line ( I don't know why they bother trekking to a nude beach) and some are nervous first timers (I hope they grasp the great rewards of public nudity soon).
There's no doubt it is more relaxing being on a beach with all naked surrounds, but as long as the nudies are not in the minority, 'each to his own'.

This post was edited

Like the OP, I am always puzzled by people who don't go nude when they have the opportunity. Especially when it is an effort to get to the CO location. But then I think that everyone should be able to enjoy the beauty of Black's Beach because there aren't a lot of other places like it. And folks should have the right to stroll from clothed beach north of Haulover to the section south. Beach walks are wonderful. Like Kevin, I don't feel it impacts me. I wonder sometimes whether the clothed folks realize how much they are missing out on. A pity.

I try to avoid the mindset that everyone should be like me (eg, "we all must be nude together"). It seems somewhat limiting.

This post was edited

I myself will strip as soon as it is legal or acceptable without worry to the passerbys there but it still makes me wonder why the fisherman always set up at parking lot 5 at Apollo.

This post was edited

A related scenario is at our local wild hot spring. About half the people strip off and everybody joins the fun. But when the textiles get ready to leave, they undress and towel off right beside the pools. Why not undress first and save having to pack heavy, wet clothes home?

I always try to engage the clothed visitors in conversation, to make them feel welcome, safe, and free to choose. If they can accept my choice, then I am honor bound to accept theirs. I just do not understand the reasoning.

This post was edited