Communal Showers and body acceptance!

Did Communal Showers Help you Feeling Comfortable About your Body?

This topic was edited
RE:Communal Showers and body acceptance!

In high school - hell no!
Physically matured late so I was way behind my peers. I was very intimidated getting naked. That has shifted and enjoy the comradery of being naked with other men in a public shower. Wisdom that come with age brings self-acceptance I believe

This post was edited

I'm with you Profind. In HS I loved to be nude with my close friends I grew up with but not in the locker room. It terrified me to be with all the hairy guys when I still looked 12 in 10th grade. Back then smooth was not in. I am still naturally smooth now but my fear of mens lockers is gone. I think about 25 I lost all inhibitions and luckily gained the "I don't give a fuck" trait.

This post was edited

In high school - hell no!Physically matured late so I was way behind my peers. I was very intimidated getting naked. That has shifted and enjoy the comradery of being naked with other men in a public shower. Wisdom that come with age brings self-acceptance I believe
I went through that! The big hairy jocks were brutal to kids like me and I hated going to Gym class
We had to take two years of PE in HS so I didn't take my second year until I was a Senior, I just skipped my whole Sophomore year.
I actually had more fun then because I was bigger than most of the others and the gang showers wasn't a problem.
I joined the Navy after that summer and had gang showers in boot camp which didn't bother me at all by then.
That freshman year of gym class left some psychological scars I have dealt with for years.
To this day I have zero tolerance for bullies of any kind!

This post was edited

I want to say it has helped quite a bit overall. In college the dorm i lived in had a shower where there was a pole in the center and had 5 shower heads (only 3 worked though). It was about a 25% chance that a person would enter the shower if you were in there or didnt care if you entered if they were showering. There was one time I thought I saw a towel on the outside that belonged to someone that didnt care but as I started to enter the guy in the shower basically screamed "what are you doing?" So I stopped and waited until he was finished showering. I shouldnt have had to do that but I also didnt want to make someone else uncomfortable.

This post was edited

I was 13 when I had my first big locker room experience. It was at Princeton University and I was there for a winter swim class. It was my first experience with wearing a jockstrap as well. I was scared, lost and nervous as well with all the college guys roaming around naked or just in a jockstrap. A grad student nearby showed me how to wear the jock and suggested I get the trunks on to hide the tent I had going on.

He took me out to the pool, showed me where to shower before hand and what to do once we were done. We went back up to the lockerroom and we got in the big open shower and let the chlorinated water off of us and peeled things off, first the trunks, then the jockstrap. I was bigger than most guys my age physically and what was between my legs and it felt good to just be accepted.

Never forget about being naked and in a communal shower that way. I am totally at ease still in just my birthday suit or a jock. I don't mind the stares I get from younger guys who all but insist that everyone always cover up.

This post was edited

I was 13 when I had my first big locker room experience. It was at Princeton University and I was there for a winter swim class. It was my first experience with wearing a jockstrap as well. I was scared, lost and nervous as well with all the college guys roaming around naked or just in a jockstrap. A grad student nearby showed me how to wear the jock and suggested I get the trunks on to hide the tent I had going on.

He took me out to the pool, showed me where to shower before hand and what to do once we were done. We went back up to the lockerroom and we got in the big open shower and let the chlorinated water off of us and peeled things off, first the trunks, then the jockstrap. I was bigger than most guys my age physically and what was between my legs and it felt good to just be accepted.

Never forget about being naked and in a communal shower that way. I am totally at ease still in just my birthday suit or a jock. I don't mind the stares I get from younger guys who all but insist that everyone always cover up.

This post was edited

I have never really had any issues accepting my body, but I also like using communal showers whenever possible. To this day, if I go to a gym that has both communal and private showers, I will opt for the communal shower. Simply no hang ups about my body or nudity around others.

This post was edited

When I was in high school we went to a sports club once a week after school. I was a late bloomer, but there was this hunk who was cut and well hung and I just wanted to be naked with him in the shower. I did not know why, and had no idea I was gay, or that I was different than anyone else. I really liked the open showers, and how open men and boys were. The hot tub was naked and men only, and loved that men would walk around for a hard on, without shame.

This post was edited

When I was in high school we went to a sports club once a week after school. I was a late bloomer, but there was this hunk who was cut and well hung and I just wanted to be naked with him in the shower. I did not know why, and had no idea I was gay, or that I was different than anyone else. I really liked the open showers, and how open men and boys were. The hot tub was naked and men only, and loved that men would walk around for a hard on, without shame.

This post was edited

Did Communal Showers Help you Feeling Comfortable About your Body?

Once I was not too shy. I love them now. It's so free and open and relaxing to shower nude whtg with other men. It's a great view overall of bodies and motions and hair and skin. Dynamic and fun. I have zero shyness and I feel great about my body in this setting. It's one of my favorite social settings.

This post was edited