How do you get your start?

Hey everyone,

I am new to the nudism scene and curious to know how you all got your start into it. I don't know many nudists near me so i've been having a hard time trying to find groups and events. The most I've done are solo nude hikes through the woods.

Looking for advice!

This topic was edited
RE:How do you get your start?

The first time I went nude in public besides the gym shower room was at the beach. I went mainly to see others naked but once I got naked, I felt different. I felt relaxed and comfortable. So it went from wanting to see people nude to always wanting to be nude.

This post was edited

Mine was on our honeymoon in Jamaica. I mean I did the skinny dipping when younger, streaking in high school but as for becoming a nudist...
The resort we stayed at had a nude section of beach (behind those 3 palm trees) so we went and checked it out. Didn't know how "he" would react but after a few minutes it was like nirvana. Even got o go snorkeling out front of there nude. was the best.

This post was edited

For me, just got tired of other people setting the guidelines for My life. I had an epiphany!
"If I like to be naked, why shouldn't I be!?"
My life my rules!
It was akin to the scene in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy opens the door ans suddenly everything is in Technicolor!
Too bad it took me 60 years!

This post was edited

I grew up on a farm in the Midwest. With the hot summers and a pond, skinny dipping every day was just a normal thing. Started when I was about 8 and decided life was better without clothes. From then on I was naked every chance I could.

This post was edited

I started sleeping nude to be more comfortable at night and then just started being nude more at home. Im slowly trying to find other things to do nude like go to the beach (which isnt close) but feels great. A couple of my close friends know I like being nude and will occasionally hang nude as well for a relaxing night with drinks.

This post was edited

Let it happen organically. Find a resort, club, or group near you and venture out. Be well read on the place's rules before you go and be yourself. Make sure you are being social, but respecting people's privacy at the same time. One mistake I see many new nudists make is misreading social cues, and they come off as intrusive.

This post was edited

After years of following nudism sites and researching and being nude around the house I was near a resort and out of town and did it and went to visit and it was great.

This post was edited

My parents were not nudist but they were not conservative and would be generally nude sometimes around the house- going from the shower and getting changed etc- I used to shower with my father until around 11-12 and when I hit puberty I decided to continue as usual and gained confidence to be around the house nude generally when company wasn't around. I think it made me more confident in general and my parents continued being nude around me so they must have felt the same way. I'm 29 now and still am nude around them when I visit.

This post was edited

I discovered nudism through finding nude beaches on our French camping holidays.
When we started selecting our camp sites by their proximity to nude beaches my wife joined in and now most of our holidays are at nudist hotels or resorts.
After my first nude beach experience I started looking at nude swimming locations and we started going to organised nude swims regularly. I also did a half mile naked swim before work at our local open-air pool throughout summer and autumn until I moved away.

This post was edited

i started in pool showers, seeing others shower naked i quickly joined, it was such a special bonding moment between people.

as i got older, i slept naked, visited nude beaches and now on forums meeting like minded people.

This post was edited