Overcoming fear

Ever since I was like 5 years old, I've had a fear of being naked. All these years later and I've done nothing about it and I've finally had enough. I need to make a change and be more comfortable with nudity. Does anyone have any tips on getting myself out there?

This topic was edited
RE:Overcoming fear

Almost all of us have been where you are now. Society has convinced you that there is something wrong with public nudity, although it is never clear exactly what that is. You must first give some thought to why you are reluctant to expose yourself, because only your irrational fear and misconceptions prevent you from exploring this wonderful lifestyle. Undoubtedly you fear some sort of unpleasantness, but you probably cant say what that might be. You probably also expect to be ashamed or embarrassed, but there is no reason for you to feel shame or embarrassment. If you go to a nude beach or club, you will probably be surprised to learn that no one will pay much, if any, attention to you when you strip off your clothes. Youll be just another nude person. If someone happens to look at you, youll notice that it is absolutely painless. You should also discover that other nude people are pretty friendly as a rule, and if you dont make a fool of yourself, youll fit right in. Try it; youll like it.

This post was edited

I fully agree with what Bill related. Also if I'm on target, you live in a very liberal and nude friendly area. So you might go to the search area and click on it and do a state search and I am sure you will be able to find some likeminded people in your area that you might be able to communicate with and also probably meet to help in your journey.

This post was edited

Yes in fact Portland has one of the largest naked bike rallies in the world. Life is about conquering fears. I went skydiving about 7 yrs ago and loved it. I hope to go to a nude event this year pending on my work schedule.

This post was edited

I would have a think about what makes you fearful, what you think will happen. Then disregard all those fears. True Nudists don't care...

Start by video chatting until you get comfortable. You will see that it was all unfounded.

This post was edited

Choose your friends carefully...

This post was edited

I am learning that guys who are afraid to be naked in public tend to be very shy. This is one of the ways the shyness is expressed.

I think you're right. When I was a young man I was very introverted and shy. I was also a nudity prude. As I got older and more outgoing, I also became more open to nudism. I must be very much an extrovert now because I have zero issues with public nudity.

This post was edited

Ever since I was like 5 years old, I've had a fear of being naked. All these years later and I've done nothing about it and I've finally had enough. I need to make a change and be more comfortable with nudity. Does anyone have any tips on getting myself out there?

It's been quite a while since the OP posted this; I hope by now he has started to explore a nude life in his home, in a secluded area, in the gym locker room/shower, a beach, at the WNBR maybe, lots of possibles. His picture is of a nice looking young adult. He would fit in to any nudist activity very well. Of course the first time or two can be prettty intimidating - most of us have experienced those first time jitters. And he has joined some good TN Groups plus gained a nice set of TN Friends (not too many, not too few) so he maybe can get some support from them or maybe even by now had a cam-chat opportunity or two.

It would be interesting to hear from the OP to see where he is with this.

This post was edited