Ironwood Forest National Monument

I spent another day (my third in the last few weeks) hiking nude in the Ironwood Forest National Monument west of Tucson. The best day so far, the high temperature was about 80, light wind and nobody in sight. I went to two different areas this time. First on the west side of Ragged Top Mountain and another north of Ragged Top. I accessed both areas by Silverbell Road, the main road through the Monument. The area to the west of Ragged Top was a little more difficult of the two. I went up into some hills which provided great views but there was more Cholla cactus than I had seen before. For the most part it is easy to see and avoid but the cactus drops on the ground so you have to watch your step. I carry a small leatherman tool with pliers to pull thorns from my shoes. You don't want to grab them with your fingers. The area to the north side of Ragged Top was much easier walking, no cholla and more open. It's mostly flat with some small hills to walk up when you want to look around a bit. There are so many nude hiking opportunities in the Monument you could make a dozen trips out there and never go to the same place. I submitted the information for Ironwood to the Locations page here on the site. It hasn't been posted yet but hopefully it will be soon. I'll try to add some photos and maps with specific locations I have hiked. I'll post some photos on my profile page for now.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.