RE:Agist posts

From personal experience I now give the millennials a wide berth, the ones I've had the misfortune to speak with leave me fearing for the future! They don't even speak the same language.To be fair... that's the general sentiment most Millennials and Zoomers have towards most Boomers. That said, the above quote is actually a pretty good example of ageism.While there are folks of all ages that are easy to get along with and connections can and are and will continue to be made across generational lines - most young people simply do not wish to hang out with folks the same age as their parents or grand parents. They are looking to make connections with people their own age that will carry them through life. That's where they want to invest their time and energy.So... to the OP: Is it ageism? No, not really. Ageism would be if they told you that people over X-age didn't belong here because it was scaring away all the young blood and endangering the future of nudism as a way of life. THAT would be offensive and ageist as hell. What they are doing is actually pretty polite, and it's just informing people in advance that they want to hang out with their peers, and that they're trying to avoid telling you to go away to your face to spare everyone the awkwardness.Now, it's very likely they could be missing out by making that decision (sucks for them) - but are you missing out if that's how they feel about it? Probably not.

Exactly, there is nothing wrong to express the profile of people you would like to meet. That does not imply racism.

This post was edited

I tend not to discriminate against anyone.... apart from idiots.

My wife had someone make a button for me to wear at times, Does not work or play well with idiots.

I have knots of pre-conceived notions about others. Some (many) are wrong, but some are right. Its human nature, and the fun part of life is experiencing which are which.

This post was edited

I was de-friended for being a conservative. To each his own.

This post was edited

At least Orange man can complete a sentence without the commentator having to give him pointers.
You know....the thing, for real!
WTF Joe!

This post was edited

I don't mind associating with young people as long as they can put up with me. It keeps my young, too.

This post was edited

I see all those isms - from agism to sexism and racism - as a "divide and conquer" technique. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book to get people to hate each other so you can in turn do enough to be consider an "us not them" and get your way. In the meantime, we're all losers and it's the ones off of our radar screen who eat our lunch.

It's natural for birds of feather to flock together, but we're in the same boat and need to say no to those who push the isms to judge one another. The more I do that, the more I see how fear is driving many and courage means being willing to be vulnerable and not have all the answers. So we need to listen to one another. In terms of this website and accepting friend requests, I believe this means to:
-say why you sent an FR
-reply with a question when you get a blank FR
-encourage people to put themselves out there with a profile, pix and certification, a basis for mutual interest
-not judge based on things like age, orientation and geography
-try to be in dialogue with different people to learn and grow

At age 57, I see how my peers' minds are closing as their arrogance is growing. We settle in our comfort zones and make less effort to stay relevant or healthy, learning and growing. We use cultural milestones from decades ago to evaluate and discern because criteria today are confusing to us. I often feel sad to see people giving up vitality for walled in comfort and security. At the same time, I see some my age and older with as much vitality as most millennials, and then there are those millennials with all the answers who could be described as young farts.

Of course agism can go both ways, and like most isms is fundamentally an expression of fear. And to those younger than me who don't speak my language and may express a lot confusion and anger to me, a stand in for their fathers' or grandfathers' generation, please accept my apology. I'm sorry about your college debt and inability to buy into what used to be a middle class existence with a home you could move furniture into and car you just needed to put gas into. I apologize for not accepting or understanding the new paradigms you are creating with the tools you have, whether defined by technology, sexuality or a new career option reality. You are pioneers in a new wilderness and I'm very very sorry if we are the ones shooting arrows in your back while you're dodging arrows from the future front. We need you, just like previous generations needed us, and in many ways we have failed you in our own selfishness. At times I'm amazed that you're not more bitter to us after all that's happened or not happened. And if you wish to dismiss me as an old curmudgeon, please do so. I will smile and bless you, remembering how I was your age once and knowing you will become like me, as it always was, and it's all hopefully good.

This post was edited

The average life span of a man is 81 years, this means 0-27 is early age 28-54 is middle age and 55 to 81 old age.... depressing I know.

One thing is the cronolgicas age and another completely different thing is the biological age. there are people in their sixty who look great, fit, vital and strong. Age should not be something to be depressed about.

This post was edited

If you embrace diversity then like anything else age is irrelevant. That said I do find Gen Z Tik Tok speak incomprehensible which kind of rules me out of those conversations :-)

This post was edited