Meal Services

Does anyone use a meal delivery service? We've been using Freshly and like it because the meals are ready to go - you just heat them up. On one level they are really glorified TV dinners but these aren't frozen, they're pretty healthy, and they taste darn good. Some other services, like Blue Apron, sound great but we just don't have the time right now to prep dinner. So I'm just curious if anyone else uses services like these and how you like them.

This topic was edited
RE:Meal Services

to VB. I understand the part about preparation vs heating up. So what are the price differences? Are they roughly the same or is one definitely higher than the other?

This post was edited
RE:Meal Services

to VB. I understand the part about preparation vs heating up. So what are the price differences? Are they roughly the same or is one definitely higher than the other?

A lot of them start out inexpensive because they offer sign on promos. Then the real pain starts as some services run about $7-$9/meal but others are way more than that. In the end it is a balance between time saved versus price paid. I am CHEAP and I feel like sometimes these are just glorified TV dinners. :-)

This post was edited