Roommates needed: San Francisco

My roommates are moving out at the end of June, and I would like to get new nudist roommates before my landlord fills the place with textiles.

This place is not what you would normally think about what is San Francisco. It's in the Excelsior District, which is south of the east-west section of 280, east of Mission St, and west of 101, a short distance north of the border with Daly City. It takes like half an hour via most modes of transportation to get to most of the jobs and attractions at normal times. Driving takes much less time at off-peak hours, except that parking is difficult, and I strenuously do not recommend it.

Two rooms are available, a 160-ish square foot master bedroom with an additional private bathroom, and a 110-ish square foot bedroom. Both have access to a shared three-quarters bathroom, which I am also using. The contract allows only 1 person to rent each room, no couples and no excessive staying overnight. The master bedroom is $1350 and the smaller bedroom is $1150. Utilities are separate, another $70 to $90 or so, currently including gigabit Internet with no data cap.

Each room has a huge window pointing to the southeast, overlooking the backyard garden, which you will have access to. The other people in the house have access to it, too.

The shared area consists of a bathroom and a living room with a wet bar. It has an even bigger window with interesting views of a couple of the minor hills of San Francisco. The wet bar has an induction stove top and microwave, but I do not recommend doing a lot of frying, because it has no ventilation and any airborne oil will coat the surfaces of the common area.

Storage space is available in the cupboards of the wet bar and in the garage, which the landlord is refusing to allow for car parking.

The landlord is a local resident, really hands-on, but they stay out most of the time. To keep the place tidy, the landlord actually comes once a week to keep the common areas clean. They envision the rooms being filled with young professionals who do not party and do not wreck the place. They prefer male.

The neighborhood is extremely serviced by public transit. 3 separate bus lines within about 1 block of the house connect residents to regional rail lines and one of those lines also connects to CCSF and SFSU, the city's public undergraduate colleges.

I prefer roommates who can tolerate pretty cold temperatures, because last winter I tried a roommate from a tropical region and the power bill was upsetting.

This topic was edited
RE:Roommates needed: San Francisco

I prefer roommates who can tolerate pretty cold temperatures, because last winter I tried a roommate from a tropical region and the power bill was upsetting.

That's funny, I would think a roommate from a tropical region would lead to a less upsetting power bill, because he wouldn't blast the AC all summer. I had to reject a contact on Roomies for that exact reason: he said he was looking for a nudist household, but he specifically said there would need to be AC so that the temperature NEVER rises above 70 (the all caps were his). I wrote him back saying it wouldn't work because

This post was edited