29er

has anyone purchased or rode a 29er, i have been looking at the mongoose 29er front and rear disk brakes and shimano gears, i still like my mongoose but the 29er is impressive, i have a front disk but the regular cam rear brakes and when riding a trail i can see the difference and may try to convert rear to disk to. if i get into heavy riding this year may get a 29er.

This topic was edited
RE: 29er

hornshark the 29er are meant for mountain biking, some are ever single speed bikes and have wide tires meant for ruff roads. my mountain bike has 26 inch tires and do pretty good but i think the 29 would be better for off road...

This post was edited
RE: 29er

as for more control at faster speeds off road you need other compodents too such as disk brakes, my mountain bike has a disk brake on the front and a y-brake on the rear yes i wish it had disk on front and rear but traveling down paths i can tell the difference. i think a perfect bike for off road trail riding would be a 29er with duel disk brakes at least 18 - 21 speedsand a suspension frame. and fat tires there is no way skinny tires would survive. i was originally looking at a hybrid bike but where i'm riding it would not survive and neither would i, no i'm not stunt riding oh but if i was young maybe, but i love this trail riding stuff there are tons of trails to ride and get off the beaten path.

This post was edited