More adequate fencing- upgrade

So we live in a tract home but the backyard is semi private. Only one neighbor can see part of our backyard from their window. But I have a fence that is rod iron fencing with brick Pillars. In an attempt for privacy I put up some of that reed fencing from the local hardware store. Found that was still see through so I put a second layer. You could still make out what was on the other side when in sunlight so I realized I needed more. I found these 8 x 6 redwood fencing. So I also got 2x4 lumber and was able to put the fence up between the brick pillars and used the 2x4 to sandwich the rod iron. Boom. I now have an 8ft privacy fence. Now the backside does not look that pretty. But it is a field and a horse ranch behind so I am not worried about it. It took a couple of weekends but now I have a private back yard. I was able to sip some bourbon in the nude the other evening. Let me know what you think. ... as soon as I can figure out the image upload on this post I will share some pics.

This topic was edited
RE:More adequate fencing- upgrade

For some reason my iPhone is not liking this JavaScript. Ill try to get the photos up later.

This post was edited

The site is acting quite erratically; slow, won't load, won't upload photos. It seems to be more constant than it used to be. I couldn't get the site to work on IE so I had to switch to Chrome for this site only. Bug reports sent but unsure what, if anything, was done to rectify.

Our friends have a similar view of privacy as we do. Even though they have what I'd consider complete privacy, there are gaps in that fencing where someone might be able to see into their backyard. They have a 16 ft gate where the gates are covered but where the gates come together, it's not possible to cover that area without impeding the operation of the gate. They didn't realize that there was a gap at the bottom of the reed fencing. People usually walk by but rarely, if ever, look in that direction. They'd actually have to stop and look very hard and at a certain angle to see us walking around or sunning naked.

Me and my male friend don't care. He's done quite a bit of work to provide privacy for them and for their guests. If people want to be peeping toms and voyeurs, it's their issue and the blame is on them. They've owned the place for several years now and never had any complaints.

This post was edited

I was able to upload some fence pics in the group photos.

This post was edited

The fencing looks really great! Enjoy your freedom and privacy! ;D

This post was edited