RE:Warning neighbors

Nothing like a heat wave for encouraging people to shed their clothes!

This post was edited

One day with temperatures in the 90's and humidity about the same, I said to my neighbor, "When it gets this hot I don't think we should have to wear clothes." She thought I was joking but frowned on the idea. I was not joking.

This post was edited

Yea heat waves are great

This post was edited

On one side she was sort of warned as the first time I was nearly caught out and she isn't bothered and expects to see me nude in the summer. The ones on the other side I haven't told but I think they know (I think I have been seen at least once nude) and I don't think they will be bothered about it.

This post was edited

I think when you've done ample privacy screening, if the neighbor still gives you grief because they've gone to extra lengths to see you, it's on them and they are now infringing on your privacy. Our next door neighbors window on the side of their home looks over our side yard where I keep our bags of empty plastic bottles and aluminum cans, the trash bins and a large portable air compressor. I can't imagine what they would want to see there and if they continually look out there to see us taking the trash out and see us naked, they'd have a hard time explaining their reasons to the cops. Nonetheless, they've seen us and don't seem to care that much.

This post was edited

I have said in other posts, that there is a legal precedent recognized by many states, but not all, of "an expectation of Privacy". In California where Andy lives, this precept is not only recognized, but if someone violates your privacy when you have that expectation, they can be arrested for being a voyeur/Peeping Tom/Peeping Tomasina. If you go outside nude with no fence, you might be cited for indecent exposure (not in California since mere nudity does NOT constitute indecent exposure). But if you have an eight foot privacy fence, and your neighbor sees you because he got out his eight foot ladder to do so, then they are the guilty party.

I am in the process of closing on a house in Southern Ohio. When I saw the address I thought, "ah cool! I will be close to Cedar Trails Nudist Resort" in Peebles, Ohio. Well, getting on Google Earth, I saw that it is neighboring Cedar Trails, as in, I can literally walk nude from my property over a ridge to the resort, and not have to get dressed in the process. I even talked to the owner of Cedar Trails to confirm it. I am SO looking forward to taking those hikes over to Cedar Trails naked as the day I was born, to go onto their resort (as a member of course) to use the pool and hottub.

Unfortunately, I will need to install a privacy gate at the front of my property if I want to use the front of my own property nude as people driving by will be able to see me since I intend on being nude 24/7 to include mowing the lawn. But that's okay. :)

Don

This post was edited

I have said in other posts, that there is a legal precedent recognized by many states, but not all, of "an expectation of Privacy". In California where Andy lives, this precept is not only recognized, but if someone violates your privacy when you have that expectation, they can be arrested for being a voyeur/Peeping Tom/Peeping Tomasina. If you go outside nude with no fence, you might be cited for indecent exposure (not in California since mere nudity does NOT constitute indecent exposure). But if you have an eight foot privacy fence, and your neighbor sees you because he got out his eight foot ladder to do so, then they are the guilty party.I am in the process of closing on a house in Southern Ohio. When I saw the address I thought, "ah cool! I will be close to Cedar Trails Nudist Resort" in Peebles, Ohio. Well, getting on Google Earth, I saw that it is neighboring Cedar Trails, as in, I can literally walk nude from my property over a ridge to the resort, and not have to get dressed in the process. I even talked to the owner of Cedar Trails to confirm it. I am SO looking forward to taking those hikes over to Cedar Trails naked as the day I was born, to go onto their resort (as a member of course) to use the pool and hottub.Unfortunately, I will need to install a privacy gate at the front of my property if I want to use the front of my own property nude as people driving by will be able to see me since I intend on being nude 24/7 to include mowing the lawn. But that's okay. :)Don

As always, it's good to know that I've gone above and beyond doing what I could, short of building a 15' block wall, to shield our nudity from the neighbors. I think it's one of the reasons they've never bitched about the four trees blocking their view of our backyard.

Don, good luck with your new place and enjoy the freedom! I'm very envious of your ability to just walk/hike naked to the club/resort!

This post was edited

I have said in other posts, that there is a legal precedent recognized by many states, but not all, of "an expectation of Privacy". In California where Andy lives, this precept is not only recognized, but if someone violates your privacy when you have that expectation, they can be arrested for being a voyeur/Peeping Tom/Peeping Tomasina. If you go outside nude with no fence, you might be cited for indecent exposure (not in California since mere nudity does NOT constitute indecent exposure). But if you have an eight foot privacy fence, and your neighbor sees you because he got out his eight foot ladder to do so, then they are the guilty party.I am in the process of closing on a house in Southern Ohio. When I saw the address I thought, "ah cool! I will be close to Cedar Trails Nudist Resort" in Peebles, Ohio. Well, getting on Google Earth, I saw that it is neighboring Cedar Trails, as in, I can literally walk nude from my property over a ridge to the resort, and not have to get dressed in the process. I even talked to the owner of Cedar Trails to confirm it. I am SO looking forward to taking those hikes over to Cedar Trails naked as the day I was born, to go onto their resort (as a member of course) to use the pool and hottub.Unfortunately, I will need to install a privacy gate at the front of my property if I want to use the front of my own property nude as people driving by will be able to see me since I intend on being nude 24/7 to include mowing the lawn. But that's okay. :)Don
Will you be living there most of the time?
If so. How often do you think you will need to wear anything?
If you are going to live there full time,you might be able to get rid of a lot of your clothes when you move and have less to pack and transport.

This post was edited

Our neighbors on both sides have been there since before we discovered the joy of living nude. My wife wants to keep this part of our life a secret so telling them is not an option.

The houses behind us are elevated so they can see over the fence. We do have some tree and bushes that give us a little space on patio that is private.

I do think one of the side neighbors saw me one morning. I was out early and ventured out of the safe zone and he or she was in their back yard working in their garden. I only heard a gasp before I dipped back into the house. I have talk to them both since and they have not mentioned seeing me.

This post was edited

Well, the whole reason I left Colorado was so that I could help an elderly parent and be closer to her. So no, I will not live there full time as I will still need to drive the 1 1/2 hour away to Cincinnati to help her with things. But I estimate staying there between 60-90 % of the time. I will only dress if I have to go into town, textile visitors are coming over, and until I build that front entry gate, when I am in the front yard near the detached garage.

Don

This post was edited