RE:Warning neighbors

When I bought my house there was nothing in the backyard to prevent the neighbors from seeing me nude. I started adding some privacy by planting a hedgerow, knowing that it was going to take years for it to mature and give me privacy. The house on one side sold and was used as rental property, with different neighbors every year or so. The house on the other side was bought by a nice couple without children, I got along great with them.
During the course of planting the hedgerow I encountered a neighbor, of the rental property, that made me rethink the hedgerow idea. I did not get along with her because of various reasons. It was then that I decided to build a privacy fence around my entire backyard. It took me a whole summer to do, but it was worth it.
After about a year of having privacy in my backyard, I was raking leaves in my front yard, clothed of course, I was talking to the neighbor that is my friend. As we are talking I noticed that he kept looking toward his house, I didn't think anything about it until he said "here comes trouble". His wife came over to where we were talking and the first thing she said was "I have seen you naked!"
Well I was a little stunned and shocked so I didn't say anything. After about an uncomfortable minute she turned around and went back to their house. I never did find out how or when or where she saw me naked, I just made a joke to my friend about not being able to make her unsee me naked. We had a good laugh about it and let it go at that.
Fast forward to the next summer, I finally decided to tell my neighbor friend that I am a nudist and I enjoy being nude in my backyard. He said that it did not matter to him, that it is my backyard and I should be able to use it any way that I want. He also told me that there were a few occasions that he came over to borrow a tool or something and saw me sunning my self nude. He said that he just went back to his house. I asked him why he didn't tell me that he was there and he said that it wasn't that important.

This post was edited

I 've all ways like being naked ! Had rented a house on a farm after the field was planned and growing would be out must all the time naked in the yard working. Had a fire pit in the front yard with the wood stacked in a u shape. Had enjoyed setting by the fire in the day time when out cleaning up the yard or back by the barns cleaning up and working in the barns on tractors or out gardening.

This post was edited

How many of you tell neighbors about your nude activities.Only time I did was when a new neighbor, widowed older gentleman, move in next door.When I went over to introduce myself, he mentioned that he liked to leave his back yard lights on after dark.This was before we got our privacy fence.I told him I liked to leave my swimsuit off after dark, but I wouldn't complain about the light if he didn't complain about what he might see because it was on.

I haven't. My preference is to own this and be in control of my own destiny. If it means a little time and money to shield me from prying eyes, then so be it. I live in the country and if everything worked as planned, my entire back 2 acres would be my sanctuary. Unfortunately, nature had other ideas and the SW part is highly visible to the neighbors to the west and street to the north. Luckily my back patio is completely private, and since I'm going to be moving in a couple years, there's not much point in continuing my plantings.

You can bet that having a completely private backyard is going to be a major requirement on my next house.

This post was edited

Only time I did warn/ask the neighbors was when I rented my first "apartment" it was half of a town house, we shared a backyard and pool. It was an older couple. And by older they were in their 40's and I was only like 20. They went on vacation after about 2 weeks of us moving into our house. and we, husband and I decided why not and for a month we were naked. When they got home I asked them if it would be okay if we were naked out in the back yard because I was a nudist and my husband/ boyfriend at the time, would join me.

Come to find out they were as well and were happy I said something so we spent many days naked outside and at each others houses. Was a sad day when we moved and bought our own place.

This post was edited

That's great to have neighbors like that. Wish mine would join me for coffee.

This post was edited

I live east of Cincinnati and it seems most people in the area are tolerant of nudity as long as you are discrete. Land is cheaper in the Hoosier state. Good luck on closing and the move. I wish I had that much land but at my age not an option. If you ever have pool parties let me know, I would enjoy meeting and swimming.

This post was edited

My yard is fully enclosed so no one can see in, however I have informed my neighbors that I am a nudist. Since they can not see me, it's OK with them.

This post was edited

After we bought our pool, I invited my better acquainted neighbors to swim or soak. That was followed by, oh, and swimsuits are optional.

When a new member of our very rural community moves in, I might say pretty much the same thing. We have a 6-ft. fence with the bottom one foot off the ground making it a 7-ft. fence,

One of our projects is moving our fences out and back to give our guests more room. We do have notices about skinny dipping and nudity around our yard and decks, such as "we don't skinny dip, we chunky dunk. In one our parking areas reads ...Parking for skinny dippers. all others will get tan lines.

This post was edited

When we bought our house before we had a chance to warn my neighbor she found out on her own. We were swimming in our pool and sunbathing nude when she walked into our back yard because she heard our music playing and had knocked on our door and we didnt answer. So she came through our side gate because we didnt hear her. As she rounded the corner she was introduced to us both laying on loungers nude and I just walked over to ask her if she needed something and we introduced ourselves never once apologized for our nudity but she did mention that her son and friends could see our pool from his bedroom. She said he was 18 so we didnt care about being seen naked.

This post was edited

She said he was 18 so we didnt care about being seen naked.
I understand that this restriction is associated with American law but nobody has yet explained to me why children are not allowed to know what people look like.

This post was edited