How much wine do you drink a day and what kind?

We don't drink wine everyday but we do drink some each week. Yesterday, after we finished working in the yard for the second time in the late afternoon, we shared a bottle of red. It's a blend from a local winery. We are wine club members of this winery and it's our "house red." At $18 a bottle, wine club members price, I should probably look for something cheaper for a house wine! hahahahahahahaha But it's my fave of this winery's reds.

My wife is a glass and a half red wine drinker. That'll give her an adequate buzz. She can drink whiskey with the best of them but wine... she's a lightweight! We have a metal cutout sign that reads, "Wine makes my clothes fall off." She always says, "the clothes always come off before any wine is consumed!" Ahhhhh, that's my girl!

Anyway, do you drink wine daily? If not, how often? Do you have a favorite wine brand?

This topic was edited
RE:How much wine do you drink a day and what kind?

My wife and I are occasion a wine drinkers and enjoy a good cab.
2 of our favorites are Hess and J Lohr.
Both have a low end that runs around $18 a better bottle in the thirties.

Hess Select and Hess Collection
J Lohr Seven Oaks and J Lohr Hilltop

Once, during a California road trip we stopped by the J Lohr winery. While chatting with our pourer, I asked why they called it Hilltop, she pointed out across the vineyard and said "see that hill out there, that's where Hilltop comes from". I chuckled at the logic.

Sometimes in the evening when I'm knocking back a few beers, my wife will join me and have a glass of wine. She will usually opt for a lower end bottle. Her favorite lately as 19 Crimes. Usually runs under $10 . They have two respectable reds but I prefer the cab.

This post was edited

I usually drink one or two glasses of red wine a night and have found that 3 buck chuck from Trader Joes is pretty good for the price. At least it won't break the bank. I drink the shiraz. My wife prefers white wine in the summer. One of the best wines I've had was when we bought our property. The day of the closing we got a bottle of Caymus ($60 at the time). We opened it, poured each a glass and it was like "meh". After stringing out where the house was going to sit and christening the place :-) we went back to the wine which had time to open up. Man was it ever good.

On a first all inclusive cruise in the mediterranean I was served a red wine called Corvo. It was really good. Can't get it here in the states. I was able to smuggle a few bottles home. Just waiting for a special occasion to open one up.

This post was edited

I normally drink two glasses in the evening and my wife will have one or on occasion two. I am a red guy and she likes the light stuff but when forced into it red will work. I just tried Bodegas Ateca "Atteca" old vines 2013. This is a fantastic red wine for about $15. Has anyone else tried this particular vintage?

This post was edited

I agree, Hess is a very good one. Have you tried Conundrum? It is available in red and white.

This post was edited

We drink red, for everyday we drink different box wines. I drink a glass or two a day and she has a few glasses here and there though out the week.I always laugh because over the years we have been gifted different products to preserve an open bottle that you didn't finish but no surprise all of these gifts remain unopened.Is it bad that if its opened and any good we won't be needing to "preserve" it for the next time we want to drink it. Open bottle=Gone.

This post was edited

I normally drink two glasses in the evening and my wife will have one or on occasion two. I am a red guy and she likes the light stuff but when forced into it red will work. I just tried Bodegas Ateca "Atteca" old vines 2013. This is a fantastic red wine for about $15. Has anyone else tried this particular vintage?

No but now it's on my bucket list of wines to try.

This post was edited

Our usual day ending ritual is about two glasses of the box Franzia Merlot for me while the wife will have a glass of Barefoot Shiraz. I'll sometimes add a little of the Shiraz to my Merlot to give it a little more flavor. We'll go out and get something a little more nice for special occasions but usually nothing off the deep end. The closest good wine store is about 30 miles away at the beach so we're really relegated to the wine at Wally's. Does anybody have a good red they find at Wal Mart?

This post was edited

Tonight a classic Barefoot Pinot Noir by the chimnea! Just finished a long 24 hour shift, got off early, did some backyard "sunning," and then cut & trimmed the grass! Relaxation time & sleep in before instructing tomorrow!
Enjoy your time my friends!

This post was edited

1st day relaxing into the 4th of July holiday! I marked it with a special bottle brought back from my February Maui trip - Mele Ulukalapuo Red! Enjoy your holiday!!

This post was edited