MALE NUDISTS

I am curious about nude males on beaches. I have been going to nude beaches on and off most of my life and I am straight. Recently I have been going at least 2 to 3 times a week by myself for the last 3 years to the same beach (my wife occasionally joins me as well).
I have tried to strike up conversations with others but it seems that I have spiders all over me. Not one has ever approached me and said hello.
Very few if any will engage in a conversation and when they do, they seem very introverted/reluctant/suspicious. I thought nudists were likeminded people who would gladly associate or engage with others.
Is it a fear that I am bi and after some action? Or it believed that 2 male nudists chatting are perceived as bi or something sexual? From experience on this site, a good proportion seem to have an agenda other nudism.
Is it a male thing, some sort of taboo or is that male nudists are loners because of public perception that all males are somewhat perverted and have a hidden agenda. Nudist couples do not seem to have a problem from what I have seen.
Id like to hear your thoughts.

This topic was edited
RE:MALE NUDISTS

The next time your wife joined you, you will have the couples perspective. Also, ask her how she feels about all the lone men.

This post was edited

I am curious about nude males on beaches. I have been going to nude beaches on and off most of my life and I am straight. Recently I have been going at least 2 to 3 times a week by myself for the last 3 years to the same beach (my wife occasionally joins me as well).I have tried to strike up conversations with others but it seems that I have spiders all over me. Not one has ever approached me and said hello.Very few if any will engage in a conversation and when they do, they seem very introverted/reluctant/suspicious. I thought nudists were likeminded people who would gladly associate or engage with others.Is it a fear that I am bi and after some action? Or it believed that 2 male nudists chatting are perceived as bi or something sexual? From experience on this site, a good proportion seem to have an agenda other nudism.Is it a male thing, some sort of taboo or is that male nudists are loners because of public perception that all males are somewhat perverted and have a hidden agenda. Nudist couples do not seem to have a problem from what I have seen.Id like to hear your thoughts.

Nudists are supposed to be like minded people, but you will always get those that assume because your a single male on the beach, naked, that you are there for sexual fun, it makes no difference if your Straight or Bi, it's their preconceived idea that your on the prowl for sex !

Those types of nudists are small minded and think they know you before even bothering to talk with you and get to know you in the slightest, case of "oh, your single, you MUST be here for more that just being a naturist/nudist", even if you are married, they assume or expect the wife to always be with you, or they think you might be swingers if you are with your wife ! You can see what I mean from my comment on being small minded.

If your with another male, even if you just chatting, again, it's assumed that your there for fun and not just to enjoy the beach naked and top up your tan, neither of you even have to have an erection or be touching (non sexual touching I mean).

The so called public perception is the thing that is at fault there, no one has the right to state that all single males on a nude beach are loners or perverts, we may look around the beach itself, taking in the view of the sea and location, but some will say your eyeing up the so called talent to see who's possibly going to be your next conquest, point there is that as you look along the beach, your going to see other naked people, that does not mean that you are scanning them for anything they assume that you may want from them.

If you have seen people there regularly (over the 3 years you have been visiting the same beach), who you know by sight and they have seen you there as well, and you have done nothing other than be naked and enjoying the sun, sea and sand, then surely they have to realise that your not there for there for the assumed sex. If they can't see past the end of their own faces, then it just shows how shallow and piss ignorant they are in their perception of a single individual male enjoying a day naked on the beach.

The thing about nudist couples, is again, assumed that they are all pure and virginal in their pursuit of a naked day at the beach, they think because they are there as a couple that, no one has the right to even think they MAY be there for something more than the sun. They could both be sexual predators for all you know ! Yes, I am making my own assumption there, but there is nothing to stop me from thinking that is there ?

At the end of the day, those types of people are not worth your time, IF they automatically think your there for a sexual conquest, when your not, it simply shows their level of arrogance towards other nudists.

This post was edited

I've encountered similar dynamics as a single male and encourage you not to take things personally. Being over 40 makes you even more suspect. People are suspicious. If you were 20 it would be easier, but most 20 years are so clueless that reality doesn't really matter and when they're smart enough to wake up and wonder, they're old curmudgeons like the rest of us. So have fun anyway. Good luck.

This post was edited

To all the lone men, would you sit down next to a dressed couple in the park and expect to be treated like an old friend just because you are all wearing clothes?

They would probably think you a weirdo.

So why do you expect the reaction to be different on a nude beach?

This post was edited

When I go to any beach by myself I expect it to be a solitary experience. Bring a book. If I make a friendly comment to someone nearby and they reply in kind, then we may chat more. But it's the exception. I expect the same situation at regular and CO beaches.

Not sure how the idea of "like-minded" as nudists would necessarily imply being gregarious with strangers on a beach just because we are both nude. Peruse this site, any thread. I think you will discover many people who you would be happy never to meet on a beach or anywhere. Some are mean-spirited in their replies, some dogmatic, sone just plain insufferable.

If I was at the same beach often (unfortunately, I never am) I might look for other regulars and start waving in mutual recognition. You might find another single or two who are compatible buddies. Good luck.

This post was edited

The next time your wife joined you, you will have the couples perspective. Also, ask her how she feels about all the lone men.

I can't like this enough. I'm a gay man but nonetheless on mixed beaches I am not traipsing up to single women or even couples unless it's very clear my presence is desired. What I have noticed is that regulars do introduce themselves once they see the guy come a few times act appropriately and be respectful of the experience most women have on any beach nude or otherwise. I did a little research experiment with a woman nudist friend who agreed to have her friend write down every unsolicited male interaction in one day. She stopped at 45. Of those 10 were overtly sexual in content or implication. I had no unsolicited interactions despite the beach having a sizeable LGBTQ2 demographic in the same time period.

It's abusive at those levels.

This post was edited

I go to the Korean spa quite frequently. Some guys chat and some guys don't. I'm usually there for the nude fung shway atmosphere but don't think twice about striking up a conversation with someone who joins me in the sauna. Even though I am alone it's never seems to be as though I'm on the prowl.
I used to see some shenanigans going on but not anything recently.
I don't really care one way or another. If propositioned, a simple no thankyou was all that was necessary.
I just mind my own business and focus on my detox.
To each his own! It's the world we live in today!

This post was edited

In response to 1nakedbird, most single male nudists hang out alone because if they start socializing they look suspicious.
And in addition, as a gay male nudist, we have two men's nudist clubs here in Louisville, KY that always have lots of guys in attendance. Neither is a sex club and we enjoy socializing nude with other nude guys. Right now we are trying to form a men's nude yoga class.
I have never understood nudist club's attitude that "single men are disgusting so the way to solve it is to keep the good guys out."

This post was edited

To shed some other light onto these interesting dynamics, let me put in my 2 cents. Some people who go somewhere (e.g., nude beach or sauna) by themselves do that because they just need some me-time. Social interactions can in those cases be unwelcome distractions. That's nothing one should take personally, some people are just not looking for a chat. Truth be told, I have such moments too. 9 out of 10 times though, I'm open to anyone looking for a chat. Over the years I've had the best and deepest random conversations butt-naked!

This post was edited

To shed some other light onto these interesting dynamics, let me put in my 2 cents. Some people who go somewhere (e.g., nude beach or sauna) by themselves do that because they just need some me-time. Social interactions can in those cases be unwelcome distractions. That's nothing one should take personally, some people are just not looking for a chat. Truth be told, I have such moments too. 9 out of 10 times though, I'm open to anyone looking for a chat. Over the years I've had the best and deepest random conversations butt-naked!

Good point, sometimes being left alone is perfect. I head to Playalinda beach and get a backcountry pass and run nude up the beach until there is no one to be seen, totally alone without anything to cover really is an amazing feeling.

This post was edited