RE:Western Movies

Andy you're telling your age.... :-DDDDYeah... I guess so! I didn't have the brain power to also remember to list; Daniel Boone, Jim Bowie, Cheyenne, Sugarfoot and Rawhide! Loved the black and white original version of Zorro! ;DDDThere are a lot of things (movies, series, music, books, ... ) from that period I still love way more than what they make today. Don't think that says anything about your age :-D(and be careful with what you answer! ^_^ )

Years ago when I first started working on the Fire Dept, they began a series about my fire department and it was called Emergency. It had already been in production and aired for a couple years before I was hired. I tried many times to work on the series; all those firefighters in the background, those were real firefighters working overtime to maybe get on TV! Unfortunately, I was never fast enough to volunteer and it was quite the popular overtime spot for many guys.

We were sitting around the outside fire ring with our grandkids making S'mores. They were a little bored and began asking me lots of questions about my job. I was retired at this time. I explained all kinds of things and then the light bulb went on and I remembered that I had purchased the entire Emergency series on DVD. We brought them inside and I told them, we're gonna watch something. They were clued to the TV and each time they come over, it's showers, PJ's, a blanket (or not), S'mores and Emergency. They get to watch 1 or 2 episodes and I spend more time explaining everything than I do watching. It's quite fun and they love the way "old TV programs were shot!"

Some of the old TV series are kinda corny now but when we watched them every week, they were the best times! We used to play outside much more than kids do today and we'd role play all the Westerns and mimic or replay the episode we just watched. A lot more imagination back in those days. Especially when Silver or Trigger were brooms!! :DDD

This post was edited

Andy you're telling your age.... :-DDDDYeah... I guess so! I didn't have the brain power to also remember to list; Daniel Boone, Jim Bowie, Cheyenne, Sugarfoot and Rawhide! Loved the black and white original version of Zorro! ;DDDThere are a lot of things (movies, series, music, books, ... ) from that period I still love way more than what they make today. Don't think that says anything about your age :-D(and be careful with what you answer! ^_^ )

Ooooooook......if you say so :-/
I won't mention another word about age...
:-DDD

Bonanza was probably my favorite series.

This post was edited

Ooooooook......if you say so :-/I won't mention another word about age...:-DDDBonanza was probably my favorite series.

:-DDD

This post was edited

How could I forget... Lucky Luke! Both the 80's animated series and the 90's movies with Terence Hill :-))

This post was edited

How could I forget... Lucky Luke! Both the 80's animated series and the 90's movies with Terence Hill :-))

Lucky Luke?????? I don't remember that one....hummmmm.....just how old are you????
:-DDDD

This post was edited

Lucky Luke?????? I don't remember that one....hummmmm.....just how old are you????:-DDDD

You never heard of Lucky Luke,Jolly Jumper, the Daltons Rantanplan, ... ?

Oh my oh my ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9SMvcWCZp8

https://www.lucky-luke.com/en/

:-))

This post was edited

Lucky Luke?????? I don't remember that one....hummmmm.....just how old are you????:-DDDDYou never heard of Lucky Luke,Jolly Jumper, the Daltons Rantanplan, ... ?Oh my oh my ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9SMvcWCZp8https://www.lucky-luke.com/en/:-))

I really dont....I actually had to Google it to see if it maybe jogged my memory but it didn't. Never watched it that I can remember.

This post was edited

Well for one of the all time favorite...but funny westerns for me is Blazing Saddles lol...and Deadwood..which was a series and movie on HBO.
Also the original Westworld from 1973.
A million ways to die in the west
Unforgiven
Pale Rider
I know some are not "serious" westerns but still good not to mention funny.

This post was edited