Uber / Lyft into Lake Como

Does anyone know if there are drivers at Lake Como who bring people to/from the Tampa airport or cruise port? Or if Uber/Lyft drivers are willing to pick up and drop off in the resort? We go often to Cypress Cove and know a driver who lives there and will pick us up / drop us off at the airport for around the same price as Uber and Lyft. We have also heard that regular Uber/Lyft drivers will sometimes refuse to go into the resort. At Cypress Cove it isn't too far from the gatehouse to the office, but at Lake Como it looks quite a bit farther.

We will be staying for two nights before the upcoming nude cruise in February and expect a local driver might be booked up the morning of that cruise, leaving us with Uber/Lyft as the safest alternative. I am hoping that with nudism being a much bigger part of the local economy in Pasco County than in Orlando, we won't have to worry about drivers refusing to pick us up.

This topic was edited
RE:Uber / Lyft into Lake Como

Specifically Lake Como no but I dont know why not. Before the 2017 cruise we stayed at Paradise lakes for 3 days. They allowed Uber to go through the gates and pick us or anyone up at the office so we could get out to some eateries. Ironic thing was one of our Uber drivers use to live in that gated community. After the Cruise we summoned an Uber getting off the boat and was picked up at the Port in less than 4 minutes and took us to the airport.

This post was edited

Well that sucks. I'll give them a call on Monday and see if they have the number for an in-house driver and info on letting Uber in. Someone at dinner on the last cruise said they should have in-house drivers, but finding one that can drive us when half the place is going on the same cruise might be tough. If their bus wasnt so expensive, we could do that and just let them know we wont be on the return trip, but $100 for what would be a $30 trip is a little much.

Are you guys going on the cruise this year?

This post was edited

A cab from the Airport to Paradise was over $80. When we got onto Uber it was less than $30 on the return trip from the Port to the Airport. The 2015 Cruise we booked the Shuttle Bus thingy getting off the ship to Airport. 2 hours after getting off the ship the pre-paid Shuttle Bus was still a no show. Actually come to think about it they did show and picked up 1 load of passengers, it just never returned. Everyone left which were a lot starting getting taxi's to get to make the Airport on time. But then again you know how airports are.... hurry up and get there and wait some more. We won't be doing Shuttle svc's like that ever again if possible. Chalk it up to rookie mistake. No we won't be on the 2020 Cruise. To long of cruise added with the extended travel days to leave our business. Looking for 2021 I hope.

This post was edited

We're definitely sold on Uber/Lyft in the right circumstances, and Tampa is definitely one of them. 2020 is a seven night cruise, 2021 is the 14 night one.

This post was edited

I took a Lyft to and from Mira Vista in Arizona. I had them drop me off and pick me up at the gate.

This post was edited