RE:Cell phone policies in locker rooms

this is my outlook on this subject and my outlook only.... the main reason now days they dont allow pics to be taken in the locker room is they may think yu are trying to take their set up and mage a place of your (not you your self) own, people dont like their pics taken, to many pervs out there today, even though its a locker room some may not want to be known that that they were naked infront of another man, the other man may think its a gay thing i can go on and on and on bout the reasons they dont like cell phone to be used in the locker room... and oh one more, people dont know how to talk quiet on em specially in a stem room/sauna most people go in there to relax somewhat or meditate and dont want to be bothered by one on the phone

This post was edited

the LAF i go to they told me the reason full nudity was not allowed in the sauna was that people (their words not mine) of all ages go through there to use the rest room, i kinda get that but the sauna is not in the middle of the restroom area, and unless w a parent anyone under 18 is not suppose to be in the sauna any. But you hit the head of the nail w the hammer its more a privacy issue

This post was edited

I quite honestly have no expectations of privacy and have found pictures of me on Tumblr from naked times spent in Florida. This is the digital age and it's best(in my opinion) just to live your life as honestly as possible and if naked pictures of you get out don't get to worried about it. If a clothed picture of you were made public who you worry about it?We are naked in public and people will see us and people carry their phones with them everywhere. I personally don't carry mine into wet areas or when I nude but I can survive without 24/7 connectivity and it does tend to make you focus on the moment and the people that you're meeting.

Totally agree with you and have the same perspective. I don't carry mine because am not looking to record my experience but rather share it that said if someone else is recording so what.

This post was edited

Just to add a different perspective to this , I work in IT and when I am on call I will check texts and emails on my phone to see if there is anything that needs to be taken care of before I leave the locker room. I do take my phone with me but working out is more fun when you don't have to think about work for the next 1 1/2 hours.

This post was edited

In the last few years many gyms have made sauna, steam and jacuzzi coed. Im sure there is cost savings to this and to discourage inappropriate behavior From occurring in the male locker rooms. We are a technological encouraged age that its common to see cell phones in locker rooms. My gym posts a no video or picture taking policy in the locker rooms. Im not aware of gym members snapping pics with cell phones as it would be seen most likely by someone. Beside the mini cam market has advanced, if someone really wanted to film it could be done easily with a hidden mini cam.

The trend I have seen is gym members dressed in full gym gear, headphones, cell phones and use the sauna and steam room. Those that are in swim shorts trying to relax, get to witness other members in full gear, get to hear music from their headphones, watch them walk around, do exercisers, breathe heavy, have loud discussions with with whomever arrived with them, Women have full make-up on and of course their wearing gym shoes and they are not mindful at all of those who are dressed appropriately to use and use the time to relax and hear and have a few moments of quiet. In most cases, it simply appears this became a trend for many to look like they worked up a sweat at the gym... but it wasnt from actual exercise.

This post was edited

In the last few years many gyms have made sauna, steam and jacuzzi coed. Im sure there is cost savings to this and to discourage inappropriate behavior From occurring in the male locker rooms. We are a technological encouraged age that its common to see cell phones in locker rooms. My gym posts a no video or picture taking policy in the locker rooms. Im not aware of gym members snapping pics with cell phones as it would be seen most likely by someone. Beside the mini cam market has advanced, if someone really wanted to film it could be done easily with a hidden mini cam.

The trend I have seen is gym members dressed in full gym gear, headphones, cell phones and use the sauna and steam room. Those that are in swim shorts trying to relax, get to witness other members in full gear, get to hear music from their headphones, watch them walk around, do exercisers, breathe heavy, have loud discussions with with whomever arrived with them, Women have full make-up on and of course their wearing gym shoes and they are not mindful at all of those who are dressed appropriately to use and use the time to relax and hear and have a few moments of quiet. In most cases, it simply appears this became a trend for many to look like they worked up a sweat at the gym... but it wasnt from actual exercise.

This post was edited

Most gyms have a no cell phone policy in the locker. Mine does but they don't really enforce it unless they suspect someone is using it to take pictures. Of course it would be very easy for someone to do that discretely.

This post was edited

Hey Andy, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I occasionally go to an LAF near my home and had to complain to the management the last time I was there (pre-Covid) because some guy was actually on a Skype video call with a friend as I was changing. Normally I wouldn't mind being naked there, but not when it could end up on the Internet before I left the building. LAF is what it is...a cheap, no-frills, and usually dirty gym.

This post was edited

Oh, wow, wearing all of their gym clothes in the sauna, thats gross on so many levels.

This post was edited

All this shyness with modern men being seen nude is more than I can comprehend. This must have to do with this "woke" culture I've been hearing about. I read some article somewhere that only the "old 60+ men" love to "parade" around naked in the locker room. I love how if you have clothes on you are walking but if you are naked you are "parading". Enough to drive a True nudist to drink. As a matter of fact I think I will have a drink and I'll be naked while drinking it.

This post was edited