RE:Cell phone policies in locker rooms

Regarding cell phones, in this era we are in, cell phones are part of everyone's life and they go everywhere. Yes gym those have posted no cell phone but is it enforced, no. I've even seen them in the shower area, come in walking in talking on them or texting. Ya even some taking nude selfies, open shower or not. As long as the phone is down, I don't really have much of an issue, it's when it's up that I do say something even if they 'claim' to be talking to someone. Most are 'oh sorry'.

This post was edited

1. a kid never should be in any locker room w/ out a dad/older brother ( 18+)/ cousin/ uncle any way for you to worry bout being naked in a ""MENS LOCKER ROOM"""
2. the topic is """CELL PHONES"""" in a lockerroom not being naked in a locker room w kids
3. not every locker room will have another male in it at the same time you are in it, ive been in a locker room im the only person in it

This post was edited

I go to 2 different gyms LA FITNESS n LIFETIME FITNESS both gyms say no phones allowed in the locker room, however people are checking emails, texts, and some are on men only apps ( i dont have to list what those apps are) there are staff members at both gyms that go through the locker rooms regularly and they dont say anything to the members. some has even taken selfies in there to show their process. There are several guys at both gyms that take tier phone into the sauna n steam room(s) to listen to music while in both rooms. i thing the no phone policy should state no photos allowed insted of jsut saying no phones allowed. This being phones are every ones life pretty much, ones wife may say honey on the way home could you pick up ..... , ones work may need to get a hold of the worker, and if have kids never know when one could need to go the hospital and they wife is letting em know this to meet the mom n kid there....many reasons that phones should be allowed in the locker room

This post was edited

I personally don't have a problem with cell phones in the locker room. It's our life line in this age.
Cell phone policies are about respect for others. Just act appropriate and don't violate your neighbor.
My Korean Spa allows them in the locker room but not in the wet area. There is still ample nudity in the locker room but I've never seen anyone taking inappropriate photos. I guess I don't really care if I somehow ended up in the background of someone's random photo when I'm nude in a locker room and not doing anything wrong.
I have taken my CF in the sauna at times if I'm the only one there so I can read. Books and magazines don't do well in the sauna and I cant read well without my glasses, which don't do well in the sauna either, they get too hot on my face. At least, with my phone, I can increase my font size. If an attendant asks me to put it away, I do without question. No harm, no foul.
They have a sauna at my local gym that I occasionally go to If I can't make the hour drive to my spa. I don't even know if they have a cell phone policy, I don't care. More often than not, guys are in the sauna with their cell phones and usually dressed in their work out gear. I, however am always nude. They are usually on their social media or listening to music.
To me, their being fully dressed is more confusing. As long as they are pre-work out not post-workout, my attitude is "whatever", as long as you don't stink up the sauna with your post-workout sweat!
It bothered me a bit at first but felt my attitude was selfish. Why should I be judgmental of someone else's comfort level?
As long as your behavior is not infringing on my comfort, do as you please. But if you come in the sauna in sweaty workout gear and an unfavorable, post-workout aroma, I'm going to say something.

This post was edited

1. a kid never should be in any locker room w/ out a dad/older brother ( 18+)/ cousin/ uncle any way for you to worry bout being naked in a ""MENS LOCKER ROOM"""2. the topic is """CELL PHONES"""" in a lockerroom not being naked in a locker room w kids3. not every locker room will have another male in it at the same time you are in it, ive been in a locker room im the only person in it

My parents stopped supervising my walks to and from school and the roller disco neighborhood shenanigans soccer swimming and the store and arcade by 6. I was fine under my own steam. I had a University of new Brunswick id for the lockerroom cause someone got salty about the kids of faculty going to lessons alone. So they issued us all university id cards. The same one got you into the student pub but I had to wait 10 years to 16 before that was believable. In the summertime we'd go off biking and go miles and miles away to the seashore and drink beer and jump off the pier. 11 or 12 onwards.

This post was edited

I grew up in the era of group showers and group lockers. I always felt like group nudity was part of becoming an adult male. Its a shame my son wont have those experiences because all the showers have been turned into individual stalls. Nudity is rarely seen at my gym so cell phones are not much of an issue anymore.

This post was edited