RE:Have you ever had to be fully naked during your doctor visits?

Yes one a year ! The annual exam

This post was edited

On several occasions, I have been naked in the doctors office, particularly in the dermatologists office for a complete examination of the body. This does not present any discomfort for a naturist, but sometimes it is necessary to detach his mind from his body especially for examinations of the intimate parts and when we have some poorly placed mycoses

This post was edited

I have been many times with a past PCP i had. She worked at the VA and was seeing her for my annual and if something came up in between. She knew I was a nudist and life model from discussion of history and hobbies. I never wore underwear for my appointments so she was used to not having shorts to work around for hernia checks and and prostrate exams. It started off as me in gowns, but one time i poorly tied the gown and when doing rang of motion it fell off onto my arms. I picked it up that time, but she wasnt upset as she had seeen me many times. I then started testing limits at future appointments and gown always ended up falling down and got to the point where would just leave it off for remainder of exam. Eventually got to the point where I would be let into room by nurse and woudl just remove everything and wait for PCP to come in.

This post was edited

I have had

I had a vasectomy at 32 , the doctor had me strip from the waist down and lay on the table. He started his exam and had to move my penis from side to side and roll each testicle around in his fingers to feel for the tube he needed to cut, when he was done and I was laying there, he said make sure you shave your testicles prior to your surgery next week. For an unknown reason I started to get a pudgy and he just said let's get dressed..

I had an ultra sound on my testicles for some pain I was having, it was a woman doing the ultra sound and she had to start pushing thing around to get the machine in the right place, I didn't get an erection, but I did start to chub up enough that she noticed, I apologized and she said no need it happens quite a bit and believe me you have great control lol

Doctors visit , I go once a year for my physical exam and I have a female Dr. She does a complete check up head to toe, genitals and prostate check. I remember the first exam many, many years ago, she was going around the paper gown and I said it would be much easier without this thing if you don't mind, she said yes it would be a lot easier, I took it off and as she was doing her exam, she says GREAT TAN.... just make sure you're careful and use the proper sun tan lotion.

This post was edited

As others have said every year for my annual skin cancer check at the dermatologist. Seem with my regular PCP visits, it's a bit more modest. Either way, it's not a big deal to me.

Funny, I know of situations where patients were rather modest and it would have been quite beneficial if they hadn't been so modest during examination. First, I don't care about being naked, but secondly, I figure as a Dr. they've seen it all anyway! I suppose for non-nudists, it could be a big deal. Shouldn't be, but we know those challenges for textiles.

This post was edited

Been there, done that.
A few years ago I was having some bladder issues. The doc said we need to scope you. I was confused, I said run a scope down me? he said no. Run the scope in you. Long story short I find myself in an operating room with a cute little nurse that says to me to get undressed and get into bed but I could keep my socks and t-shirt on. I think this might no be too bad. Wrong! A few minutes later she comes back in and pulls the sheet down to my knees and rolls my shirt up high on my chest. A second young lady comes in with the scope and screen and they start talking while waiting on the doc. The doc talks me thru the procedure and I guess my blood pressure is up so he leaves while waiting for me to calm down and the two nurses are on either side of my bed talking about some show on tv the night before.
I guess I'm holding up their day as another nurse steps in to see what is going on. Then all three of them are standing around my bed talking about tv and try to draw me into the conversation.
Here I'm laying in bed fully uncovered and I got three nurses standing around the bed talking like it was another day at the office. I guess for them it was.
All goes well and afterwards while the nurse is cleaning the stuff up she says that I need to go to the bathroom and that she can turn her back to me or leave the room.
As close and as personal as we were she still was professional.
Later,

This post was edited

Many years ago when I had my first company physical with the company doctor (who was definitely old school), he had me strip completely down with no gown at the very beginning of the procedure so I was naked with him for about half an hour. I guess being on salary from the company he was not in a rush to get to the next patient. Since this was my first physical I really didnt know what to expect. It included my first hernia and prostate exam, which was much different than any Ive had since. He had me get on the table on my elbows and knees and he spent quite a bit of time feeling around in my anus and on my prostate. He warned me beforehand that I might get an erection, which I did. That was my only encounter with this doctor. Ive never been asked to completely strip for an entire physical since. All hernia and prostate exams since have been at the end of the exam, just taken a few seconds and I was just asked to drop my boxers for that part of the exam.

I had a heart cath last year while I was in the hospital for a couple of days. Before the cath the nurse said I needed to shave about half of my pubes. She said I could do it or she could; I let her.

Ive had several scopes of my urethra over the years since I have had an issue with strictures. The nurse has me drop my pants and lie back on the table with my legs hanging over the edge. I usually am there like that for a couple of minutes before the doctor comes in. The nurse stays in the room during the exam. The urologist is not rough at all but he is thorough, quick and matter of fact about it as he holds my penis and slides in the scope. Im sure he and the nurse see many penises every day..

This post was edited

I have but its been a long time. Seems anymore they just want to listen to your heart and lungs, ask some questions and send you out for a blood test. I think that is wrong, an annual check up should include the doctor EXAMING you, head to toe. Has nothing to do with my being a nudist, but I'd like another set of eyes making sure I'm healthy at least once a year. Last doc I went to see, wanting to have a regular MD to give me a physical annually didn't do anything but talk and have me submit to another blood screening, which I had done already the month before. He sure charged my insurance for his meticulous work. I don't know, I certainly don't mind getting naked but I feel it is necessary to actually gage my overall condition. Am I wrong about this?

This post was edited

At one time I went to a doctor that had just one patient at a time in the exam area. He had me strip naked before the exam began and stay that way until it was over. He retired a long time ago. Now my primary doctor does the entire exam with me fully dressed. The cardiologist listened to my heart with my shirt on, an my dermatologist seems uncomfortable when I insist he check for skin cancer where I get sun but most people don't. How times have changed!

This post was edited

Not since I was 17 (47 years ago). I find it strange that they don't do that anymore. Medicine has come a long way in 47 years, but I still find it odd that they don't actually look at and examine you.

This post was edited