Interesting idea.. Clothing Optional Mall..

Interesting idea, but Im not sure if it would really take off or not. I would go check it out for sure.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200203/cerabino-bare-essentials-for-saving-boynton-beach-mall

This topic was edited
RE:Interesting idea.. Clothing Optional Mall..

Don't know if this is seriously being considered, but if it is, count me in. There are quite a few issues that would need to be addressed, but if they manage to succeed, I would make a trip there.

This post was edited

Don't know if this is seriously being considered, but if it is, count me in. There are quite a few issues that would need to be addressed, but if they manage to succeed, I would make a trip there.

This post was edited

That's something to dream about! If there was one, I definitely would go!

This post was edited

Unable to open the link as I an outside the USA so can you copy and paste the main part please.

This post was edited

By Frank Cerabino

Posted Feb 3, 2020 at 12:07 PM
Florida has nude beaches. Why not a nude mall?

I have an idea how to rescue the Boynton Beach Mall.

Last month, city commissioners voted to begin a process to rezone the partially empty mall and save it from what was described as the countrys retail apocalypse.

City Vice Mayor Justin Katz called the mall broken and a wasteland of concrete that needed to be reimagined.

City leaders talked about putting an arena on the site, making it a transportation hub, or devoting part of the property to housing, office space, and a hotel.

But wait. Theres no need for such a radical remake. The Boynton Beach Mall can still be a thriving mall in this post-Amazon-delivery world we live in.

It just requires one change. It needs to be Floridas first clothing-optional mall.

I got this idea after reading a proposed Florida bill that would exempt some beaches from the state law that criminalizes public nudity.

The proposed legislation notes that Florida has well-established nude beaches along its oceanfront, and that the people who frequent those beaches need to know that they wont be subject to arrest under Floridas indecent exposure laws.

The legislative analysis of the bill notes that nude tourism has a $7.4 billion annual economic impact on Florida. The states tourism promotion arm, Visit Florida, publishes a list of the best nude beaches in the state.

A 2017 study done by the American Association for Nude Recreation Florida Region estimated that the state gets 2.2 million annual visits from nudists who can choose from 34 nudist resorts across the state.

So, apparently weve figured out that Floridas warm weather is a magnet for nudists and their money -- although Im not sure where they keep it.

And it stands to reason that they cant just sit out in the sun all day, letting their skin turn to beef jerky. They ought to have something else to do down here.

So, imagine the economic potential of Floridas only clothing-optional mall. And not only from the tourists.

There are 5 million Floridians who would go to a nude beach if they were assured they wouldnt be arrested, the American Association for Nude Recreation claimed in its report.

I would guess a lot of those same people would rediscover browsing at a fleshier Boynton Beach Mall instead of shopping on their home computer.

Making the Boynton Beach Mall the first nude mall in the state would be the kind of transformative change the city is hoping for.

Sure, there will have to be some adjustments made: Seat towels in the Garden of Eatin food court. A beach volleyball area in the concourse. And perhaps some renamed stores.

Victorias Not-So Secret?

But the mall is bound to be a moneymaker, starting with the cost savings that comes from turning off the air conditioning. No need for that cool, goosebump-raising air blowing from the vents.

And the stores that sell clothing -- for those occasions when nudists have to cover up -- will be able to increase their retail space with the elimination of dressing rooms.

Theres already a legal mechanism to fast-track this. The bill to exempt some Florida beaches from indecent exposure laws simply could be amended to also include the Boynton Beach Mall.

I know. Its a great idea. Youre welcome.

As for an opening ad campaign, how about this?

The Boynton Beach Mall: Worth another look

This post was edited

The traditional mall from the 60's and 70's are in trouble all over the country, many have just been abandoned. I doubt that a C/O mall dedicated to just shopping could be viable, but one converted to a recreational complex might be a rejuvenator for the community and economy.
Think of a year round water park, swimming pool, small tourist traps, lodging, out door play spaces, eating establishments, and what the imagination could bring all with a walk-in to the complex for free and pay for the facilities that are used. Think Mall of America where you can rent a locker at the entrance, take off your clothes, then enjoy the rest of the day. Not that I would travel to Florida for it, but I would likely stop at one like this in my travels or go there regularly if it were close enough to home.

This post was edited