Covering up with towel

As a new comer to the nudist/ naturist way of life, I would love to know why erections are frowned upon, and something to be hidden, this seems to go against the ethos of nudism. Obviously if it is brought about... (how should I put this without causing offence) by hand, rather on it's own accord, that is a totally different argument. We aren't told not to smile at others, An erection is just a genital smile. I am a straight male, but I find an erection as a wonderful thing, and not in a sexual way.

This topic was edited
RE:Covering up with towel

Hi Jamie

You will see on here many who do not see erections as a problem and some even enjoy flaunting them. However, most people shun it in a naturist environment. Most people see naturism as non-sexual. Pushing naturism, and getting naturism more accepted in public is centered around presenting it as non-sexual nakedness.

Basically, the *rules* are that if it is acceptable dressed, then it's acceptable naked. Having an erection while sat in a cafe is not acceptable dressed or naked

This post was edited

An erection is not forbidden as such. What is forbidden is displaying an erection.
This can consist of either making sure everybody (or a particular person) is aware of your erection or simply failing to conceal it or make it less conspicuous in the most appropriate way in the circumstances.

This post was edited

I can think of two places where flaunting an erection is acceptable:- The beach at Cap d'Agde and the dunes behind Maspalomas beach. But in both places it is an invitation for sex!

The wider population associate nudity with sex. So naturists strive to distinguish between nudity and sex. An erection happens, sometimes spontaneously. The rule is to conceal it until it subsides. Then the genitals can be openly displayed (again).

This post was edited

Hi JamieYou will see on here many who do not see erections as a problem and some even enjoy flaunting them. However, most people shun it in a naturist environment. Most people see naturism as non-sexual. Pushing naturism, and getting naturism more accepted in public is centered around presenting it as non-sexual nakedness.Basically, the *rules* are that if it is acceptable dressed, then it's acceptable naked. Having an erection while sat in a cafe is not acceptable dressed or naked

What a great answer. And to give an idea, I have never had an erection in a naturist/nudist setting. Not at a resort or the nude beach. For older people it usually doesn't happen unless you encourage it to IMHO.

This post was edited

I agree, I've never become erect on a naturist beach, couple of times I've had the feeling I was becoming erect and both times went into the sea. As ollygrumps says some places it is ok and I have been erect myself at Maspalomas but only when I've touched myself.

This post was edited