did boot camp help you become a nudist??

Loved boot camp first time I took a shower with about 70 other men no choice to feel comfortable naked, then I served 3 years on a submarine and defiantly no privacy we all saw each other naked getting in and out of the shower but also it was never an issue either so the military'defiantly made me feel comfortable both to be seen naked and see other men naked wish we could all be so comfortable in todays world

This topic was edited
RE:did boot camp help you become a nudist??

Was a nudist before boot camp, but it did get me more comfortable openly nude around others.

This post was edited

Was a nudist before boot camp, but it did get me more comfortable openly nude around others.

This post was edited

I served 22 years in the Air Force. Yes I was part of the naked guys in the shower but it always seemed like guys went out of their way to conceal themselves as much as possible. Guys didn't walk naked from the locker to the shower. Instead they covered with a towel or even shorts until they got to the shower. I did the same thing. I just thought that is what people do. I became a nudist towards the end of my military career. The military had no part in my interest in being nude. Europeans sort of opened my mind up to the idea when I saw how comfortable and natural they looked at the beaches.

This post was edited

I was pretty much un-inhibited long before boot camp. If anything, I was frustrated at being dressed all of the freeking time. About two weeks in, I thought to hell with it and started sleeping nude. I just kept my skives within reach.

This post was edited

There was no real nudity in boot camp just showering but most guys reached immediately for a rowel. Now in college in the dorms, back when there were men only dorms, the guys would walk to and from the group showers naked with a towel around their neck or over their shoulders. A few would even stop by and chat if your dorm room door was open. It was a great time!

This post was edited

I remember first night of basic training being lined up naked in the hall only holding our soap. 2 min showers and would dry off in our rooms. I was fairly like then. But damn was that an eye opener.

This post was edited

Navy boot camp was casual for me. Showers with the guys. Most seems comfortable in just a towel walking to and from.
Aboard the ship was very nudist friendly. Water cooled fans only in our compartment. So most slept nude. Laundry guys were awful so we all just would wear coveralls and a tshirt. Usually the T-shirt was cut so only showing the required amount. Walking go the showers, most just tossed a towel over their shoulder and carried toiletries. We were all comfortable nude.

The funniest thing I saw was on my day to clean the compartment one guy cam in during work hours to shower as he had gotten dirty in the engine room. We were talking as he had a towel on. ( this is the era where we began getting females on the ship ) so as we were talking we hear female on deck as one of the new chiefs came to inspect my work. The guy said watch this as he popped his towel off and walked by her headed to the shower. He even said afternoon Chief as he walked by.
I went to the doorway to tell her I was ready for inspection. Before I could show her anything she signed off and told me everything looked good.
I thanked the guy when he returned from his shower. Quickest inspection ever.

This post was edited

The showers in Basic training (1981) were just an extension of the high school locker room, the same in Germany. The only difference for me was seeing other races naked. In late 1983 I arrived at Fort Riley Kansas, it was kind of disappointing to see the newer buildings had individual shower stalls with 2 curtained compartments. The first was the changing area, then the shower. I remember how quickly guy's adjusted to that, it became rare to see someone in tighty whities and a tee shirt much less naked. and on the rare occasion a gang shower was needed, many tried to conceal themselves, or wait until no one was in there.

This post was edited

Yes, I feel like the gang showers was my breaking experience to making me realize there isnt anything wrong with simple nudity and it was no big deal. So yea, I think it was pivotal in making me a nudist.

This post was edited

I wish the Navy was still like this. It is so uptight and political now. We aren't even allowed to sleep nude.

This post was edited