RE:LETS ASK TRUE NUDISTS TO GET RID OF THE PRIVATE OPTION

post #12 yes you are a private profile, I can at least see a pic but that is all no info about you

This post was edited

I have also joined oh naurist

This post was edited

There is a problem from the start. Can you see it? The OP is asking for two very different things, and the replies that follow are showing this. No private profiles is fine, but don't jumble it with demanding nudes. I am a bit younger than most of the replies so far, so perhaps my views are quite different.

No you're spot on. I agree, a minimum of info should be filled out, but demanding everyone must post their bits is too far. A lot of people - particularly younger and new to the scene - are just figuring themselves out and what it all means to them. Making such demands doesn't help with the growth/continuation of the lifestyle, especially where there are SO many creepy sexual comments on photos!! Gross.

This post was edited

What about all those profiles with open leg shot pictures, maybe they should go too.

This post was edited

The decision about profile completion, privacy and pictures is a complex and delicate one.
We want to encourage new nudists who may not be confident about putting too much information on their profiles at first but who will add to them as they get into thing.
Equally there will be nudists in sensitive jobs who wish to participate fully but are not in a position to allow certain information about themselves to become public. Without a difficult and complicated process of making profiles selectively private these people are left with the options of a partially filled profile, a "friends only" profile or a totally private profile.
Personally, I would like to see every profile have a picture of the person, even if it needs to be a clothed one or in dark wrap-round glasses, especially for new members who ma not yet nave any nude pictures to share.

This post was edited

Iam tired of looking at private profiles no info no pictures nothing.

Who is making you look at those profiles? If you encounter a private profile your next click can take away from that profile isnt that simple?

This post was edited

Yes, I agree that there's a distinction the OP needs to make between not having hidden profiles and explicitly demanding nudes. I'd love to be able to walk around on here naked just like I walk around on a beach, but if nothing else there are so many fakes and scammers on the internet that I don't really want lots of my pics being taken and used elsewhere for whatever purpose, hence why I have very few on here or other social media sites.

This post was edited

Yes, I agree that there's a distinction the OP needs to make between not having hidden profiles and explicitly demanding nudes. I'd love to be able to walk around on here naked just like I walk around on a beach, but if nothing else there are so many fakes and scammers on the internet that I don't really want lots of my pics being taken and used elsewhere for whatever purpose, hence why I have very few on here or other social media sites.

I feel essentially the same way. Banning private profiles and requiring some information in them is fine, requiring nude photos is not for reasons noted above. I am here for discussion, not viewing or posting pictures.

This post was edited

Someone telling me I must post nude pictures is too similar to someone telling me I must wear clothes to the beach.

This post was edited

I agree on getting rid of private profiles and requiring certification after a trial period. Regarding pictures though, as others have said its a complex matter. For me I dont really care who sees me when I control when and where I might be seen but being told I have to be seen is kind of creepy to me. Why do others HAVE TO see all of me?

This post was edited